Author Topic: One question about expansions and characters and modes  (Read 5173 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fleetwood1970

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
One question about expansions and characters and modes
« on: 04 April 2020, 06:21:18 »
When I bought TQAE I did it on Steam, later when Ragnarok and Atlantis came out, my husband bought them on GoG.
My character from Acts 1-2-3-4 was not able to progress to Ragnarok. The game doesnt see that expansion but is able to see Atlantis (I dont know why and I dont understand).
So... I created a new acomplished hero for Ragnarok and passed all my original toon items to this new one.
I always played normal with both characters. I would like to try epic from Act 1 with a new build (toon).
Is that possible?
Is that toon going to be able to progress through all the acts (1-2-3-4-5-6)???
Thank you for your help.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: One question about expansions and characters and modes
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2020, 07:21:14 »
You must killed Hades "again" with your char to unlock the Act5.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2020, 08:45:47 »
You can't start a new character in Epic.  What you can do is start the one that's done Ragnarok in Epic since that character has unlocked that difficulty.

Difficulties are not globally unlocked; each character has to unlock it for themselves.

What do you mean your husband bought the expansions on GOG?  Are you saying you're trying to play the GOG expansions with the Steam base game?  Because that isn't possible - or shouldn't be.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2020, 19:29:22 »
Acomplished hero from Ragnarok expansion, allow you to start a new character at lv 40 in Ragnarok Act ( Act 5), you got all previous acts quest and bonus done. Its a short way to complete normal and start in epic more faster.

Atlantis its a  optional story act , avaliable when you enter Rhodes in Act 4
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fleetwood1970

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2020, 20:28:47 »
You can't start a new character in Epic.  What you can do is start the one that's done Ragnarok in Epic since that character has unlocked that difficulty.

Difficulties are not globally unlocked; each character has to unlock it for themselves.

What do you mean your husband bought the expansions on GOG?  Are you saying you're trying to play the GOG expansions with the Steam base game?  Because that isn't possible - or shouldn't be.

My husband bought me a pack (dont know how are they called) with TQAE, Ragnarock and Atlantis that was on sale on GOG. When he installed it on my computer, the game had my original character at lvl 40 right before Hades fight. So it makes sence that I should kill Hades again to access Ragnarok with it.

So now I have 2 warlocks, one can do epic 1-2-3-4 and the other can do epic 5 (lol). Ill go back to Hades and take that first warlock to complete act 5 now. And do Atlantis. Thank God she can use the items I looted from Ragnarok normal.

I like to play casters with minions, I dont like melee fights. My next toon will be an oracle. Any other build that could be fun for me?
Thank you

« Last Edit: 04 April 2020, 20:36:01 by Fleetwood1970 »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2020, 22:06:38 »
Soothsayer (Spirit/Nature) would be a good one.  Wolves, Nymph and Liche as pets, Outsider a strong temp and Plague to weaken enemies while pets attack.  Conjurer (Nature/Earth) and Ritualist (Nature/Dream) are also good.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fleetwood1970

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2020, 01:54:20 »
Thank you very much!!!!
Im going to try those too.
Love to see a forum that is alive and kicking.
And is awesome that you help the new players like me.
Hugs from Argentina

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2020, 09:23:48 »
Glad we could help.  :)

It's long been a tradition on both the old titanquest.net forum and this one that people help each with any questions/problems they have with the game.  I myself benefitted from this many years ago when I first found the game.  The help and advice I got helped me become a better player and made TQIT my favourite game.  Without that help/advice I would probably have given up on the game and the whole ARPG genre because I'd already tried a few other games, but didn't enjoy them much. 

The Grim Dawn forum is also the same since many of the early members on that forum were TQIT fans backing Medierra - Lead Game Designer on TQIT at Iron Lore - as he worked to bring that game to life.  They brought that same helpful attitude with them and Medierra encouraged it as well.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal