Author Topic: Tyorll's Warden Class Review  (Read 6118 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Tyorll's Warden Class Review
« on: 13 August 2018, 15:25:37 »
I have retired my Conjurer at level 50 for simply farming Typhon on legendary. From the countless runs on Typhon and almost as many deaths now due to running past everything to get to Typhon as fast as possible and unlucky one-shot kills from mainly the minotaur lords (runs typically take about 2-3 minutes like this) I’ve picked up so many legendaries it’s not funny. So I twinked my Warden with some of this gear and I admit he does have what I think are the two best items in the game for him Achilles’ Spear and Achilles Shield. Anyway at level 35 he packs a real punch. I can reduce his damage from about 2000 dps to 1400dps to maximise all resistances with a different set of gear/rings if needed. He wades through everything on epic. With a battle shrine he tops over 4k dps (cannot recall exactly what it was so 4k as a conservative estimate). What is interesting is the best piece of armour I have in terms of increasing my Warden’s damage are green Sentinel’s Armbands 165 armour, +36% pierce dmg, +26% attack speed, +3 all skills hunting mastery, and a completed embodiment of heracles’ might +24 str, +15 damage, +31% damage.
The journey to 35:
I started with the defense tree and rushed to get pulverise -> maxed. Then I went back and filled in adrenaline rush and the skills above this, then 1 point in rally and maxed the skills above this (inspiration necessary). Then I filled in the rest of the passive shield skills. I’ve dropped 1 point in the other necessary skills like colossus, batter, shield charge and disruption etc…
Up until about level 20 I used any weapon that complemeted my character and his gear. However it was about level 20 that I chose Hunting as my second mastery and pumped 6/6 into Wood Lore. Then forever after I have just equipped green spears with achilles’ relics until I was able to use the legendary spear Achilles’ Spear. I am still currently pumping points into defense mastery for the stats/HP and aiming for Volley (27/32 currently) for further damage. I’ve dropped 1 point into herbal remedy, take down (my second charge!), and art of the hunt and the two skills above this all of which I intend to max down the track.
So basically my usual tactics are find the biggest group of mobs possible… run around and group them all together and then charge the archers/mages (alternating between shield charge and takedown if there are two groups separate from one another) and then finishing off any melee guys that follow me around that weren’t already killed by pulverise. Addrenalin rush +herbal remedy adds an insane amount of health regen esp. when coupled with rally. If my HP ever drop below 1.8-1.5k I’ll hit rally which lasts 20 seconds and often will benefit from 1 full addrenalin rush and another shortly after for the dying seconds -> ~60 HP/sec regen. And if I am really pushed or taken by surprise I can always pop a potion. Against bosses colossus form + quick recovery + rally to counter the mana drain of colossus = sure win.
So basically this build deals strong physical damage, huge piercing damage. Little or no elemental damage so my 2nd weapon set has a spear with fire + lightning dmg on it just in case (never needed it so far).
Just thought I’d share my experience with this class. I’ve seen and played alot of builds now and this takes the cake for survivability + HUGE damage. The use of a spear + shield and Wood Lore skills = huge defense and attack speed bonus. The only build I’ve seen deal more damage to single targets is an assassin who does not have the luxury of a shield + the defensive/survivability bonuses. And whilst the AoE damage of this build isn’t 100% predictable. Pulverise and batter deal a huge amount of dmg and knock all 3 targets hit for 6. Then remember the two charge abilities which really are as useful in getting out of trouble as in dealing damage.
Statwise I’ve pumped strength and dexterity equally. I am going to pump alot more into health though and when I hit ~4k HP I’ll start pumping them back into str/dex. Still early days and only lvl 35. Alot of room for improvement and lots of skills still to max out (and still no volley!). So expect that the damage will be alot more in time.
Again this thread is here to raise awareness of an often overlooked class. Truly one of the most formiddable melee classes out there. And it looks awesome to be weilding a shield+spear in the true spirit of this Greek mythology style game.
Any questions fire away.
My build at lvl 65 with all quests completed would look like this:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Warden&master1=7&master2=5&sa=0&m1=32-0-12-6-0-10-6-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-8-1-1-0-0-0-6-0-0&m2=32-0-1-12-0-10-1-8-6-6-6-1-6-1-6-8-6-6-12-8-6-0-0
Alternate build if you don’t mind a bit more active spell casting and mana usage:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Warden&master1=7&master2=5&sa=0&m1=32-0-12-6-0-10-1-0-1-0-0-8-0-0-8-8-1-0-1-0-6-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-1-0-10-1-8-6-6-6-1-6-1-6-8-6-6-12-8-6-0-0-0
If leveling up the build at lvl 20 should look like this:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Warden&master1=7&master2=5&sa=0&m1=1-0-0-6-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-1-0-1-1-1-1-1-0-1-6-1-1-1-0-1-0-1-6-0-0
By lvl 35 where I am it is more filled in and looks like this:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Warden&master1=7&master2=5&sa=0&m1=27-0-1-6-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-1-0-10-1-1-6-6-1-1-6-1-6-1-0-1-1-1-6-0-0
-Guide by Tyorll

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-warden-class-review/

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal