Author Topic: Hamunaptra Mod - Development  (Read 93484 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hamunaptra Mod - Development
« Reply #75 on: 18 July 2018, 14:24:09 »

Items!

Just another unique blue  ...or is it?  ??? O:-)

Spoiler for Hiden:
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #76 on: 18 July 2018, 17:00:58 »
VERY STRONG for a level 28 item.

But I like it nonetheless.

Edit : hold up I read too fast. There is drawbacks. Nvm. ^^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: 08 August 2018, 13:48:52 »
Okay so just implemented something that is SO DAMN KOOL  ;D

Update pending momentarily haha must take screenshots etc brb

Clue: it has something to do with the fact I've been getting into Lord of the Rings lately...
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 08 August 2018, 15:47:21 »
Okay, so lately after listening to an audiobook for Lord of the Rings at work I had been really wanting to add a Nazgul 'Ringwraith' type boss to the Hamunaptra mod.  It didn't take me long to settle on the armor choices provided mostly by TQIT (thank you Machae) to gain the overall look, however looking at him below you'll likely wonder why I opted for the Nightmare crown instead of a hood.  Tried this but unfortunately for some reason the hoods, such as Shadowmeld or the Asia ninja hood, just don't want to sit right on the skeleton monster model - This is a first draft though and will try to get this on him if I can..

As for the weapon, a longsword was needed so it was between Yin, Drakaina or Sword of Eternal Darkness.  Decided the latter fitted best aesthetically ;)

After this, I knew he needed some kind of dark aura, I didn't want to use any greenish ghostly looking ones commonly associated with the Spirit mastery  > therefore my go-to effect is the Shadowstalker's smoke!  Though this was a effect, how do I apply this to my monster? Hehe well.. after some thought and three attempts/testing I managed to add this to my black armored skeletal wraith to complete his look  ;D at this point I was very happy but lets keep going here. 

My new Nazgul boss will have a chance to drop his sword of course and upon wielding the blade, the player will receive the slain wraiths shadowy aura as a granted skill! And damn it's kool haha   

Finally, I named him Khamor'aan as a nod to the LotR ringwraith known as Khamul, and he already has the beginnings of his own tomb complex known as the Obsidian Crypt.

Screenshots below! and btw, as I've said above this is early drafting so you'll notice the stats for the sword are still the same as the Sword of Eternal Darkness and the Shadow Miasma aura I just added in a few random resistances.  These I of course will be going over and changing... :J

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: 08 August 2018, 15:56:47 »
Woah! That Nazgul Boss has really a LOtR feel to it. For a first draft this is very well done, Prosoro.

I swear I'll never ask to have a pet like that, that would be too awesome. :P

Note: my hunch was on Nazgul too but I restrained from posting (but who will believe me? ^^)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2018, 16:01:07 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: 08 August 2018, 16:05:24 »
Dude, that is freakin' awesome! You really captured the Ringwraith feeling!
Edit: You can try attaching the Yin sword effect to this sword. Just an idea.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2018, 16:08:04 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: 08 August 2018, 16:13:01 »
Hope you guys like this addition! I'm pretty stoked and it's just always really satisfying when the ideas you have in your head actually work out after doing the modding and having it match your initial vision. 

Also, I want to ask for ideas here --> What would you expect Khamor'aans blade to have with regards to stats and level requirements etc?? List your chosen ones below!

Plus, the Shadow Miasma aura --> Again, what's your thoughts on what this should grant the player?? I'm currently thinking Cold and Slowing damage with maybe resistance reduction hmm..

Let me know  8)

More Screenshots:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit: ...struggling to add a gif from imgur atm :/ annoying it wont show up here and can't remember how I did it last time. Any tips?

Edit2: ahhh okay now I've got it

« Last Edit: 08 August 2018, 16:38:06 by Prosoro »

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: 08 August 2018, 16:20:18 »
Woah! That Nazgul Boss has really a LOtR feel to it. For a first draft this is very well done, Prosoro.
Heha thanks Croc! great to hear he's recognizable in that regard, success!

I swear I'll never ask to have a pet like that, that would be too awesome. :P
Well about that.... ahaha I was thinking yknow  ^-^

Note: my hunch was on Nazgul too but I restrained from posting (but who will believe me? ^^)
lol it had to be the Nazgul of course

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 08 August 2018, 16:23:07 »
Dude, that is freakin' awesome! You really captured the Ringwraith feeling!
Edit: You can try attaching the Yin sword effect to this sword. Just an idea.

Cheers Nargil and yeah man I thought it'd be so kool to add that effect somehow too.  We'll see, you know how when you get ideas and they just start branching out in all directions - yeah that's def happening in this case

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: 08 August 2018, 16:39:13 »
Is the beta for soon? I'm growing impatient to try it  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 10 August 2018, 01:56:37 »
Hopefully, still plenty to do but I know a beta doesn't have to be perfect of course

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 16 August 2018, 11:19:03 »
Also, I want to ask for ideas here --> What would you expect Khamor'aans blade to have with regards to stats and level requirements etc?? List your chosen ones below!

Plus, the Shadow Miasma aura --> Again, what's your thoughts on what this should grant the player??

bump
...still no thoughts??  ??? ah well, I'll brainstorm something in the mean time

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 16 August 2018, 13:42:55 »
Well, to answer your question, I need to know... do we start the map at level 1? And how high do we go?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: 16 August 2018, 14:31:49 »
...Also, I want to ask for ideas here --> What would you expect Khamor'aans blade to have with regards to stats and level requirements etc?? List your chosen ones below!

Plus, the Shadow Miasma aura --> Again, what's your thoughts on what this should grant the player?? I'm currently thinking Cold and Slowing damage with maybe resistance reduction hmm...

Is this Khamor'aans Blade of yours gained from a secret quest? If yes then the player would have to go out of his way to get this item. If so I think it would be great to give those who made the effort to earn it some edge:

- granting the blade the most efficient damage type in the mod. For instance adding effects such as "+x% Damage to Beastmen, etc ". Now if you haven’t finished the mod you probably don’t know what kind of monsters are predominant in the campaign :),

OR   

- making the blade tailored to finish off the Last Boss more easily. Again it depends on the traits of the last boss (monster's category / monster’s damage types / Elemental weaknesses,…),

About the Shadow Miasma Aura originally used by Shadowstalkers. They're hard to it sometimes, right? Does it grants them a chance to Evade? If yes Evade is first on the list. On the same vein adding a chance to enemies to Fumble their attack, maybe. ^^.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 14:58:18 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 16 August 2018, 17:14:26 »

Plus, the Shadow Miasma aura --> Again, what's your thoughts on what this should grant the player?? I'm currently thinking Cold and Slowing damage with maybe resistance reduction hmm..
+Vitality dmg, %Health reduction on hit and maybe % chance reduced resists for blade, vitality decay per second for the aura. I'm also for chance to fumble for aura as Croc. Or reduced physical/total damage. At least thats how imagine a wraith blade and aura  >:D
« Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 17:16:28 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal