Author Topic: Good combos for co-op?  (Read 9673 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Good combos for co-op?
« on: 03 May 2018, 22:05:30 »
Me and a friend want to start a new class each for co-op. What would be a good combo? One tank and one caster maybe?
Lvl 65 Bone Charmer, lvl 43 Conqueror

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Good combos for co-op?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 00:06:36 »
for the typical adventure is one melee ( tank) and a caster ( with aoes/ heals)

Our both petmancers ah !
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2018, 09:59:35 »
i heard casters got nerfed a lot with AE, is that correct and what would be a safe caster? (without any gear already waiting for the toon)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2018, 10:24:02 »
i heard casters got nerfed a lot with AE, is that correct and what would be a safe caster? (without any gear already waiting for the toon)
you probably know what my answer here would be lols.. why would the devs make a game where melees, ranged and petmasters can be good but not casters? I've never played a caster that fell off late game self-found or not.. well, if one of you decides to play caster, i can help
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2018, 10:26:52 »
i am thinking of sacrificing myself and picking a caster, even though i don't like playing them... was thinking maybe something with fire as primary mastery.

how are casters on legendary?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2018, 10:35:43 »
still good.. if you know what you're doing.. if you don't, i can help.. but i would decline if earth because I've never played earth in AE/R.. I'm not a fan of writing builds if i haven't played it yet.. i suggest you pick from a combination of storm, hunting, nature, dream, and rogue.. but i can't think much right now but in a few hours maybe
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2018, 19:26:37 »
i think i'm gonna go with a summoner, the skills look niced (if they are not bugged.. console version has waaay too many bugs and patches are waaay to slow)

thanks to everyone for your input!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2018, 22:59:44 »
Going to agree, the Summoner looks great to me. I've just recently started a new game with one; I'm only in Delphi yet. Right now I'm playing with a bunch of characters at the same time, so progress with each of them is quite slow. Either way, Earth and Nature seem complementary to me in a lot of ways. Some examples:

- Since Nature lacks a proper main attack replacement, I'd say you'd fall back on Flame Surge. It is quite energy-intensive, but Nature offers both Tranquility of Water and Sanctuary to help with that. In addition, Flame Surge's main disadvantage - the limited range - can easily be offset by the protection provided by Briar Ward! In addition, Earth and Nature are both on the more resilient side as far as caster masteries go, and Heart of Oak, Permanence of Stone, and possibly Regrowth could further increase the survivability likely required for using Flame Surge.
- While not a priority, Refresh could help plopping down two Eruptions at the same time - something that should be fairly devastating.
- Plague and its upgrades should both increase survivability through the massive damage and total speed penalties and help killing monsters with the reduced resistances.
- The large number of summons could also be handy to stay alive, though I don't know how viable it is as a Petmancer; Core Dweller doesn't seem that great at attacking, but then I've never tried.

Earth is one of my favorite masteries, and I hope you'll have fun!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2018, 00:14:28 »
the synergy i see.. is strength of the pack increases physical damage of earth whether weapon attack or spell attack (VO and eruption).. and plague reduces physical resist and elem resist.. but going str/int throws a wrench at SB cuffs (which is one of the best bracers that isn't hard to farm).. ignoring dex also throws a wrench at melee.. str/dex/int throws a wrench at self-found.. if it's just me, i wouldn't mind farming for archmage's clasp but your friend might.. adept's clasp can take you far and it's not very hard to farm.. but an ideal earth build for me is 80% CDR late game.. i would bore too quickly with pure petmaster.. the earth aura (what's it called?) is very good early game but it won't take you far.. well, heavy pets seems like your best route

edit: and/or flame surge which firebrand suggested.. it's also good early game.. it would make you int build.. as i remember, you need all skills to reach zero cooldown.. +2?
« Last Edit: 06 May 2018, 00:31:29 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2018, 01:41:52 »
Rather than a duo Tank+caster, i would go with either 2 melee or 2 casters that can mutually boost their damage type.

For example, Battle standard is one of the best skill in game that comes with a 60s recharge time.
Therefore 2 warfare toons will synergize well with a BS available each 30s. For the 2nd mastery, nature and dream; or nature and Hunt will boost toons and pets nicely.

The same reasoning with 2 casters should apply.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2018, 09:57:48 »
Anything with Nature because of Strenght of the Pack, Heart of Oak, and the sheer amount of pets: you get a lot of party buffs, applied to a lot of party members (players and pets). In general, try to pick builds that complement eachother.

Melee + Ranged can be a bit tricky in my experience. At lower levels the range character will just do nothing, and mid-game it will kill-steal everything from the melee partner, which leads to an extremely frustrating experience for the latter. Late-game only works if the melee character is a facetank that can hold aggro: if not, the ranged character will be forced to kite, while the melee partner is forced to run after the enemy, without actually getting any hits is: again, very frustrating.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal