Author Topic: Need help with my spellbreaker  (Read 10166 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline crazy0750

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
Need help with my spellbreaker
« on: 08 September 2018, 18:50:54 »
Hello guys,

The spellbreaker is my second build (first one was a hunter and didn't go well) and I'm currently on level 23 on act 2 normal. For the warfare mastery, I have Weapon Training, Onslaught and Ardor maxed out and one point in the majority of the other skills, except the Dual Wielding tree. Spirit mastery is level 4 and I have one point in Deathchill Aura, Ravages of time and Spirit Ward.

My initial thought was to climb the Spirit mastery until necrosis and then transition to a dual wielding character focusing on necrosis and ravages of time. However, as I'm reading about on other threads, vitality based damaged got nearfed (https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=674.msg6755#msg6755). So my questions are:

1- Should I try the dual wielding with necrosis or stay with weapon + shield and focus on ravages of time and the other skills of warfare mastery to boost damage and survivability?
2- What stats distribution you guys would recommend? Right now, I have around 30 stat points available, for the ones I used the distribution was 2 STR : 1 DEX. Should I put some in INT if going to vitality based damage and when do you guys recommend stop putting points on DEX.
3- What gear and affixes I should target for fighting bosses?
4- Are there other skills in the spirit mastery worth getting for this build, ie. Unearthly Power, Death Ward?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Need help with my spellbreaker
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2018, 19:58:52 »
Hello and welcome to the forum :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2018, 21:54:56 »
you are understanding it wrong sorry.. it's not vit damage that got nerfed, it's the harrowing affix.. or to be precise, reduction to enemy's health.. but necrosis is still worth maxing even if you don't deal vit damage because your life steal will be so much higher.. so be sure to get ADCTH

frankly, for any melee spirit, i think going hybrid is the best way.. I'd argue that permanent unearthly power + necrosis + circle of power + items would give more damage than a str+dex.. but it's more for advanced users so just go str + dex.. I'm not a fan of 2:1 or 1:1 or whatever because it will always depend on items.. but if you want to make it simple, sure, go with whatever ratio distribution you want.. but i suggest str is a little higher than dex

for your last question, put 1pt on outsider and 1pt on death ward. unearthly power is worth maxing imo but not before onslaught and battle standard, deathchill aura tree

edit: also get the anti undead skill from spirit, 1pt
« Last Edit: 08 September 2018, 21:59:09 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline crazy0750

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2018, 01:52:27 »
you are understanding it wrong sorry.. it's not vit damage that got nerfed, it's the harrowing affix.. or to be precise, reduction to enemy's health..

Thank you for clarifying. I did misunderstand that.

I'm not a fan of 2:1 or 1:1 or whatever because it will always depend on items.. but if you want to make it simple, sure, go with whatever ratio distribution you want.. but i suggest str is a little higher than dex

I did have a feeling I should put a bit more to STR, but everywhere I searched they were recommending something in the lines of 2:1 or 3:2 str:dex.

Thank you for the tips, I think I will stick to my original concept: dual wielding + necrosis then.

Just taking note for future build options, how would you build that hybrid melee spirit?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2018, 04:05:06 »
We had a discussion like this here. Get a necklace like that if you can. Add any "of the Restless King" monster infrequents, Marduk's tablet of Destiny, vile ichor, Hades Aspis or any other items with %vit. If you can and where you can - in TQ people think about defensive stats first, damage only after filling these to some minimal personal comfort level.

~500 strength until you can wear all your items and for damage, up to 500 int for damage, minimal dex, like >=250, you won't be able to use swords or throwing weapons with that though which might not be convenient. You will likely be using %str%life or %int%mana rings. I'm not sure how much str would be a good fit in current game, maybe its better to spend most points there even.

Since you won't have much dex, using items with high DA would be good idea. OA too, though it is partially covered with weapon training skill if you have warfare.
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/kaels-visage though you will unlikely have enough str
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/coronal-of-the-abyss thats more likely
I'd also take this https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/eurydices-wedding-band I know how I'd personally solved DA issues if I had to make a melee vitality build https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=169.msg6031#msg6031 but its not a good example :)  :(

Weapon with furies heartblood or one of the legendaries with high flat vitality damage.

Like botebote said this sort of fun is not good for starters, it is demanding. Needs a few good items and to know what you're doing, to not drop it if something goes slightly wrong.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2018, 04:39:07 »
i also don't like 3:2 lolz.. i mean i don't like any mindless fixed ratio distribution

let's say for example you want 2:1.. then you found 2 hale rings.. one is hale of immortality and the other hale of might.. no one can fault you for equipping those 2 rings.. if you equip those 2 rings, your str will be so much higher than dex.. what do you do then? do you continue going 2:1? if you do that, your str will be very high but at this point, what you need is dex

i mean you should be able to know when to adjust.. to keep it simple, just put points on str and dex but keep a few unspent stat points, like 5-10

hybrid, this future build option is like after spending 500-1000 hrs gameplay  ;D  this one is based on the diviner hybrid.. I've seen a build like that before.. dream has psionic touch and lucid dream.. vit damage from 2nd mastery.. warfare doesn't have that so it will have to make up with items, items, and items.. and true enough, hybrids are gear dependent.. but that's also what's good about hybrids, it can wear just about anything

hybrids usually rely on %stats from items or requirement reductions.. for this build, lots of %stats would be better, hale ring (%str), socrates ring (%int), talisman of the jade emperor (15% str).. those are good examples for this build.. then to make up for vit damage, maybe dire sword of something (reckless power? :)  ) enhanced with fury's heatblood (attack speed completion bonus), then dreadful amulet of something (of feasting?  :)  )

how does a melee warfare wearing archmage's clasp sound? it sounds like permanent battle standard.. and summoning ancestral warriors even against mobs
« Last Edit: 09 September 2018, 04:57:06 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2018, 08:43:42 »
I suggest totally ignore vit damage as a spellbreaker, especiall as a new player. Just go pure physical damage and all fine. Vit oriented or vit+physical (which is even worse) is by no means on pal with pure physical damage in endgame. Physical alone is already ominpotent to deal with all kinds of monsters with the help of undead aura (I just can't recall the name). Add vit damage to your pocket does not really help, instead it only increases the complexity of your gearing.
PHYSICAL Spellbreaker is already a very good choice for starters. Strong early game (main Warefare), low level requirement (almost full build at around level 55-60), low gear requirement (does not rely on any specific gear or affixes except ADCTH), good boss killer, can farm all bosses with relatively poor gears, strong endgame. Just...please don't go vit damage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2018, 11:09:18 »
almost full build at around level 55-60
that's one of the problems since ragnarok.. before ragnarok, 55-60 was like act 2-3 legendary.. now, it's just act 1-2 epic

they adjusted the XP curve and added more skill points but the skills remained the same
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal