Author Topic: Passing the torch to nargil66  (Read 1265 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Passing the torch to nargil66
« on: 14 July 2023, 18:56:01 »
I am officially retiring from modding altogether due to age and health issues, I will be 60 in a few days. Having trouble even walking at this point and eating ibuprofen like candy. haven't done that since my time in a non-union factory in the 80's

Anyway, I reached out to nargil66 to see if he would finish the mod for everyone and he decided to pick it up for us.  :))

I for one welcome our new Modding Overlord and I've provided all the raw files and such to him.

So let's give a big welcome to the new modder for Legion of Champions, nargil66!

I'm lookimg for ward to the discussions when we get updates and such, pretty exciting!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Antar36

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Passing the torch to nargil66
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2023, 09:33:55 »
First of all, we sincerely sympathize with your health problems and wish you a speedy recovery. Second thing, thank you for your contribution to the whole modding.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2023, 11:56:12 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2023, 15:45:52 »
It will be an honor to continue your mod, Bumbleguppy. You've done so much in all these years, and every bit of your work shows your love, the warmth of your heart and your great sense of humor. What can i say, you modded this game longer than anyone else, master Yoda, setting an example for all of us.
I'm really sorry about these circumstances that are preventing you from continuing... i'll try to keep the spirit of original LoC intact, just in case if one day you are able and willing to return.

With your permission i'll open a new development thread here, for those interested in future plans, changes and additions. The first progress post is coming some time this evening.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2023, 12:31:54 »
« Last Rated on: 15 July 2023, 15:45:39 »
Sorry to hear you're struggling so much BG and hope things improve for you.  :(  Have you seen a doctor at all?

Thank you nargil66 for taking up the baton for LoC.  It's a mod I've had a lot of fun with over the years and look forward to continue to doing so.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2023, 20:00:42 »
I am working to find a doctor to see, Medea, but I am not wealthy so I have to be patient (no pun intended) and committed to the confusing and frustrating journey. Here in the US you can just go to the emergency room but when it's not an emergency it's pretty frustrating to set up appointments.

I didn't mean to imply that I am confident I will become well, I am going to be 60 in a few days and I'm pretty sure I know my body well enough to say that my health problems are here to stay.

No point in worrying about my getting better any more than worrying that the winter will come, just enjoy the time we have here and now.  :))

Looking forward to the future of the mod, though lol.

I honestly hope some more modders will jump in to contribute, too. it would be epic and fun.

EDIT:
You know nargil, I was listening to a movie critic today and he mentioned the recent fashion in entertainment for the viewer to identify with the protagonist and how that wasn't always the fashion. When I look at the most profitable video game franchises, that's what I've always seen.

I, like a lot of others evidently, don't really see themselves as the main object of their own story...I tend to see the overall experience as the source of all the wonder, joy and understanding of myth and movie and game. So playing TQ was always pretty unsatisfying to me because I never felt like I was a part of some adventure, I was meant to be the object or the center of the adventure and that always struck me as unrealistic, or even solipsistic.

So I was always attracted to the Summoner class just to be part of something rather than the only something....guess it goes back to growing up with 4 brothers and sisters and being in so many working bands or even employment with many co-workers. I guess I don't want to escape from that more like accentuate what I love about it.

Ah well, I've said too much  ::)
« Last Edit: 15 July 2023, 20:10:09 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2023, 23:24:18 »
Yes, playing a vanilla Conqueror for example - its a pretty lonely experience compared to a Summoner. The spirit of friendship and "togetherness" - that's what is missing. If you look at the real world - it's a shared journey, not a lonely one. Or at least being lonely is one of the worst things that can happen to anyone, talking from experience. Even the greatest hero needs friends :)

I hope you'll be able to visit a doctor as soon as possible. A winter can be harsh, but don't despair, don't isolate yourself. You have friends, and we are here with you. "If things are not ok, it means it isn't the end" - you taught me that.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2023, 00:10:40 »
« Last Rated on: 16 July 2023, 09:42:57 »
I am officially retiring from modding altogether due to age and health issues, I will be 60 in a few days. Having trouble even walking at this point and eating ibuprofen like candy. haven't done that since my time in a non-union factory in the 80's

Anyway, I reached out to nargil66 to see if he would finish the mod for everyone and he decided to pick it up for us.  :))

I for one welcome our new Modding Overlord and I've provided all the raw files and such to him.

So let's give a big welcome to the new modder for Legion of Champions, nargil66!

I'm lookimg for ward to the discussions when we get updates and such, pretty exciting!

Hello BG,

im very sorry to hear that im sad as well with that "news" of stepping away . Its better to focus on your health and recovery.

I hope and wish you well in your life as you deserve.

THANK you for everything you did in the community, with your hard work and your help/advices for the modders rookies doing their 1st steps.

Man im having memories of the old forum how i started to check LOC for the 1st time and their different verions, it was a great joy, it helped me forget my problems while i was playing during that period.

Good luck Nargil with the next step of the new Loc.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2023, 01:18:07 »
Hey BG,

Just want to say thank you for all your hard work and contribution to modding in general and especially LoC, a true labor of love. All the best in the future with your health and hope your stick around here too - I'm sure you will ^^
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal