Author Topic: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development  (Read 9565 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development
« Reply #30 on: 05 December 2022, 20:33:11 »
I can't seem to extract the .tex files for the XPack4 meshes. MeshView works but my TextureViewer just errors. Little help?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 05 December 2022, 20:42:18 »
I can't seem to extract the .tex files for the XPack4 meshes. MeshView works but my TextureViewer just errors. Little help?

The old TextureViewer doesnt work on the newest expansion (work until xpak2 or half of it), i wil send you the new version  soon.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 07 December 2022, 05:46:32 »
I can't seem to get the TextureExport to work, but the drag and drop one I downloaded from @nargil66 tool thread. I only need it for EE textures, so the extra effort is tolerable I guess.

Now that I've started Neidan dev, here's what I have so far:

Summon Dragon
Dragon Elemental Breath
Dragon self buff

Changed terracotta to a stationary pet like Warfare's banner skill (edit: it's a fusion of Battle Standard and Monster Lure in one skill), it starts with a taunt aura and the next modifier gives the taunt skill a debuff to enemy's elemental resistance and slows their run speed a little. the last modifier gives it a party buff that boosts intelligence and absorbs vitality and poison damage.

The first potion buff also adds a petbonus with life regen for pets. I copied all the convergence potion buffs and added pet bonuses to them, the templates don't have a Bonus Life slot, so it's just regeneration.

Is it me or are the convergence potion bonuses too short lived for the investment in skill points?

« Last Edit: 07 December 2022, 06:01:50 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 07 December 2022, 16:31:00 »
BG, if you need more ideas for Neidan, i found a nice (and short) book on the matter:
https://mega.nz/file/BHATEbTI#HTQfgygUmxlvAgSb9cZLJmkDX1o05fUq8kEZOP609aI
I'll try to break it to basic concepts in the next days and make a short summary.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2022, 16:36:31 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #34 on: 07 December 2022, 21:31:54 »
Is it me or are the convergence potion bonuses too short lived for the investment in skill points?
I think they're too long (or the chances are too high) because you can cumulate the bonuses. It can become overpowered when several of them overlap.
Note that the duration in TQ Calc is outdated, it was 6s, now it is 30s. I think the duration in the base pointer skill (convergence.dbr) is what shows in the UI, but it's just for display. The real numbers are in the buff skills. Hence the comment made by the devs "Tweak: Cut Wu Tao (=essence skill) & lowered chance & entered real duration (30 - from buff)". So all the skills need to have the same duration.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 07 December 2022, 22:04:20 »
Thank you @soa, I haven't played Neidan at all so this has been my first blush. That and I don't usually go past normal difficulty if I can help it...maybe act 1 epic for fun.

Makes sense, so I am trying to increase the duration from 6 seconds to 45 at +10 to all skills in the potion buff copies I am using. Placed the same duration in the main file for UI display, so it's all good.

Made the Sand Wraith Lord into main and ghost forms today and I found and re-added my ghost sand wraith obelisks from an old mod. I reduced the health of the Sand Wraith Lord and second form by 30% so it's not such a two boss fight, though it actually is.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 10 December 2022, 01:42:05 »
Neidan updates:

Convergence was crashing the game to desktop with it and the potionbuffs moved and changed in my mod skill directory. So I restored the skill to the XPack4 directory and used the potion buff files from the XPack4/misc directory and it stopped crashing. I've only updated the skill to +10 over max and added a petbonus to all the poton buffs and it's not crashing to desktop so that's a good thing.

Made Aura of Tranquility a party buff and nerfed the damage absorption. Also gave party members a minimized particle effect as the main one is pretty garish when there's multiple on screen.

Made Shen Pao projectile into a mine. Still plays the same as far as hitting enemies with it. I reduced the cooldown so you can have 3 or so out at once and ambush enemies.

Chi Realignment is now an attack_chain template like Sands of Sleep with increasing amount of targets per level. Also re-colored the lightning texture to red and yellow.

Reverberation has a chance to do either burn, frostburn, or electric burn instead of just burn.

Added @nargil66's new caravan/inventory expansion mod and it looks and works FANTASTIC. :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 14 December 2022, 20:20:44 »
Added a new skill line for Neidan.

Just for fun I decided I wanted a mage bow user. So I added a requirement reduction skill for bows and spears (mechanically can't just use bows had to include spears oh well).

Added a skill that converts physical to elemental damage and increases attack speed and projectile speed for bows only.

Added a ternion clone RMB skill for bows that shoots 6 arrows then added a modifier skill that adds and boosts elemental damage.

I think it's a lot of fun. The total damage nerf from ternion was a necessary thing I think, you can fire it point blank so with good enough equipment and maybe some skills from Hunting or whatever you could make this a boss killer if you can take a few hits standing toe-to-toe I guess. It would still require a heavy point investment so that just makes it like any skill line like Onslaught or Marksmanship.

I just like the crowd control and mowing down mobs from a distance. And it's not a staff skill so it's kinda fun and different. Storm + Neidan bow user just shooting elemental damage with consequences into a mob...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 15 December 2022, 03:45:56 »
Looks fun! Reminds me of the throwing knife skill in old LoC, i remember having a blast with it hehe.
An idea - i remember you had a Phoenix-themed skill in some older version (similar to Death Ward), maybe it can fit Neidan.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 15 December 2022, 17:49:11 »
I flipped the bit for ranged one handed with this skill too. Why not?

As far as Act 6, I don't think I'm going to spend a lot of time there. I added the boss/hero/champion buffs and fixed the file paths in the items for +skills but I still haven't played that area, so I don't want to make any changes of course.

Also, I'm really not interested in any of the dev easter egg areas or the hardcore dungeon right now, those are kind of the opposite theme to what I like to do. If I wanted the hardcore one-against-many challenge I would just play the base game.

I've got up to Disruptor ordnance amulet summons, which is 3 terracottas summon with a self-destruct skill where they explode like a Poison Gas Bomb.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 16 December 2022, 22:29:48 »
I dont think act6 bosses are like in the base game , except maybe for the Ten Suns final boss. I feel they are purple quest monsters , if you know what i mean. I only play it once eh, im not the best person to talk about it as well!

Hey, i remenber in act6 it have a Mounted Terracotta hero, it could appear as well in Orient  ;D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 16 December 2022, 23:16:48 »
I went through the EE creatures with viewer.exe and that is one of the meshes that I can't see, it's just some attachpoints floating in air. Is it on a horse?

I was looking at the viewer today because I am using the attackable tree mesh today for vultures, crows and dryads and I noticed something. The idle animation for the Dark Obelisk in the montershrine.anm  is 100 frames long, that's like more than 3 seconds. I think this is how the game decides how often Obelisks summon minions. Does any database setting affect idle animations? Like run speed or even total speed? I don't think  so but someone else might have seen something.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 16 December 2022, 23:31:05 »
I went through the EE creatures with viewer.exe and that is one of the meshes that I can't see, it's just some attachpoints floating in air. Is it on a horse?

I was looking at the viewer today because I am using the attackable tree mesh today for vultures, crows and dryads and I noticed something. The idle animation for the Dark Obelisk in the montershrine.anm  is 100 frames long, that's like more than 3 seconds. I think this is how the game decides how often Obelisks summon minions. Does any database setting affect idle animations? Like run speed or even total speed? I don't think  so but someone else might have seen something.

Ive been adjusting animation on 3ds max, but i think in the animation dbr you can speed the animation by increasing the numbers  :  "UnarmedAttackIdleAnimSpeed" if is 1.0000 to 3.0000 for exemple i think (?)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 17 December 2022, 00:51:23 »
Oh those look pretty cool, thanks for the pic!

Yeah, setting the animation speed in the animation file works fine, but since so many Obelisks share that file, I was hoping I could set the idle animation in the monster file but I guess I can just copy the anm file and set different idle animations there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 17 December 2022, 01:04:00 »
If you want i can make a new animation by reducing the frames of the idle animation, to make it shorter.

What would be the spot ? 10 or less ?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal