Author Topic: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development  (Read 9554 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Legion of Champions Eternal Embers development
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2022, 02:56:13 »
Testing out Rogue as a single mastery to help work out the kinks. While I was uploading this videos, I made a level 6 skill for bolttrap that has a chance to cause enemies corpses to explode with poison gas.

I had tried Killbot summons as 3 wolf-like stats before, but I like a single one. He has a buff that heals him at 15% health, so if you're careful, he is practically immortal.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 03 December 2022, 20:43:25 »
Well, if you didn't guess already, the cast skill on target death system doesn't work for pets. Well, I couldn't get it to work anyway.

Working on Neidan skills today just to get +10 over max and fix links etc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #17 on: 04 December 2022, 00:28:58 »
looking good!

Like how the automaton shows the weapons when is casting the skill abilities  8)

Any initial plan for Neidan mastery ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 04 December 2022, 00:43:45 »
I'm having the same old troubles: the viewer doesn't find the textures for the Xpack4 meshes so it's hard to know what things look like. Plus I probably won't play the EE DLC until I can figure out how to get there in Normal difficulty lol. I have never been one of those competitive late game content players. I was not above buying a torch from ubers from another player in D2, but I don't like the difficulty challenges in any game.

There is a flying dragon model I like with a fishy tail. Thinking that may be the summons for Neidan.

I think I have all the Neidan skills set for +10 to max. If anyone can explain how potionbuf.dbr and jadeessence.dbr work as far as settings, I would appreciate it. Is potionbuf under jade essence in the skill panel? I have to go to XPAck4 ui and check the Y coordiants to see. I can't figure it out as jadeessence has no buffs but both a speed buff and a speed debuff, the posionbuf has the poison and other resistances...it's confusing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2022, 14:50:46 »
potionbuf = poten elixir ? its lv 1 skill the jadebuff should be at lv 4 mastery skill if i think its the correct skill name.

Have you check the link between the AM and TQ in tools.ini ? the xpack4 content is avaliable since 2 updates ago.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 04 December 2022, 17:58:36 »
potionbuf.dbr is level 1 and essence of jade.dbr is level 2 in the UI, so it's not a case of the file names being mixed up.

potionbuf.dbr is a new template Skill_OnItemUsedBuffSelf that casts potionbuf_bonus.dbr. In game it's called "Potent Elixir".

The only poison resist in any of the four files in the two skills "Potent Elixir" or "Essence of Jade" is in potionbuf_bonus.dbr, but that skill doesn't have poison resist in game, essenceofjade is the skill that has it.

Hence the confusion. essence of jade has no poison resist in either db file essenceofjade.dbr or essence_sober_bonus.dbr that it casts.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #21 on: 04 December 2022, 19:23:08 »
Potent Elixir has Poison resistance (potionbuf.dbr -> pointing to potionbuf_bonus.dbr) and it shows ingame.
Inner Equilibrium doesn't have Poison resistance (essenceofjade.dbr -> pointing to essence_sober_bonus.dbr).

I don't see anything confusing. Maybe you thought you saw Poison resist in Essence of Jade (actually called Inner Equilibrium) ? Or you looked at that outdated TQ Calculator instead of ingame ?
« Last Edit: 04 December 2022, 19:25:19 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2022, 19:50:21 »
Yeah, I looked at the outdated titan calc online.

Whoops.

Well, better to realize there was no problem to begin with I suppose. Whew.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2022, 20:43:40 »
"A bear-like creature, most likely a bear, has come down from the hills in search of food or perhaps employment" ~ Kent Brockman

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 04 December 2022, 21:38:29 »
Random thought:

A rune Bear would be so cool

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 04 December 2022, 21:47:56 »
with a glow texture that shines runes through the skin

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 04 December 2022, 23:01:35 »
Okay, this is the first time I've seen this. I was rolling over my bear quick slot icon and I noticed his "naturepetdodge_1%perlvl" skill stated he had 19% dodge and 19%deflect projectile.

Now I KNOW I set every level of bear to only to level 15 for that skill in the pet files.

So I checked my equipment on my character and I had a total of +4 to hunting mastery, +2 to all skills and +2 to Hunting....it seems reasonable to assume then that those plus to skills were affecting the pet's skill levels.

So I am putting the pet's dodge/deflect amounts in their character files directly for now, I will have to keep an eye on otherskills that might not be working as I intended going forward.

Some can't be helped as I would have to, for example, make 20 different copies of the bear's stomp attack which is leaning towards not worth the effort.

I can't know if pet skills that are applied when the player adds points to their skill modifier are also affected this way.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2022, 23:03:40 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #27 on: 05 December 2022, 00:10:18 »
So I am putting the pet's dodge/deflect amounts in their character files directly for now, I will have to keep an eye on otherskills that might not be working as I intended going forward.

You shouldn't do that unless you're really sure it works. The manual in ...\Titan Quest Anniversary Edition\Toolset\guide\database\dbr_monsters.md.html states that

"characterDodgePercent / DeflectProjectile

Chance to dodge melee or projectile attacks (up to a cap of 80%).
    Usually granted by skills or items. Likely bugged if entered as inherent ability.
    Use these passive skills like instead:
        records\skills\monster skills\defense\dodge_1%perlevelx100.dbr
        records\skills\monster skills\defense\dodgeprojectile_1%perlevelx100.dbr"

Same for
"characterOffensive/DefensiveAbility

These may be bugged. → Use Dexterity to adjust a character's combat skill.
    Also increases via difficulty bonuses."

If they didn't even care to fix the engine, it may not work.

Maybe +2 all skills can do this kind of weird stuff as it also increases item skills. I don't see how +X to Hunting would affect the pet though, as the skill is not in the mastery tree.
My theory is that the tooltip bugs out and displays double the bonus instead of just the bonus (so it would take +2 to all skills and display as if +4....). A general way to put it is if you have skill Level X (as a base) with +Y bonus to skill, it will display X+2Y level in the skill tooltip, instead of X+Y. I've seen that on Bolt Traps default attack skill. I'm not sure if it's only a UI bug or also the game calculates that way.

You'd need to expand the skill levels over very large windows (at least 100 or even 1000) so that + skills don't really matter.

One of the biggest offenders is the pet scaling skill. In vanilla it has up to two levels (lvl 0 in Normal, 1=Epic, 2= Leg), so you may easily end up with Legendary levels in Epic. I've put two separate skills of maximum level 1.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2022, 00:23:13 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2022, 00:32:47 »
Thank you for this info, I never saw that "disclaimer" on the fact that the character bio entries aree bugged and they just let you know. "Um..I probably should have told you earlier" TQ devs probably.

I've been using the couple hundred level method for awhile with my global boss/hero/champion passives.

Good point about whether it's a UI tip bug or if the passive skills are actually being boosted by +skills. I don't know that Hunting pluses were boosting it or not, I can only say what I saw.

So I guess I will remove the character bio - character ability values and create a 2000 level dodge skill for pets then. Fun times. :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2022, 02:46:13 »
Okay, I finished implementing the 2000 level dodge skill for pets and entered it in their files.

Boot up the game and what should say 24% says...6%. And I'm looking at the files in the second monitor. Sigh.

More evidence that the UI is lying. Oh well.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal