Author Topic: custom.arc  (Read 1226 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
custom.arc
« on: 22 September 2021, 09:59:47 »
I noticed that the game doesn't pick up on custom arc files. I made a mod, put all the assets in an arc and referenced these assets beginning with the arc's name: custom\npc\...
Is there an index table somewhere (I can't find it) that lists all arcs the game should look for?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: custom.arc
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2021, 12:56:43 »
Not sure if this wht you mean,

When you build your mod in the next session, ( when you re open art manager) the game will delete all your custom arcs inside you custommaps/mod folder. You need to copy then back and replace then again in your folder.

You need always to have a backup of your custom arc in a folder in your desktop (for exemple).
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: custom.arc
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2021, 13:12:09 »
Please forgive my ignorance... I do try to google and search the tutorial pdfs.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

When I build my mod, the AM creates a levels.arc and a mod.arz, but it doesn't convert the custom assets folder to an arc file... I placed the custom assets folder inside: Working\CustomMaps\Mod\assets. Is that not correct?

So, then I tried another way: I manually converted the custom folder into a custom.arc and copied that to the resources folder of the game. The database references the mod assets as: custom\npc etc. so it should work, but it doesn't. The game does not see the assets in the custom.arc...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal