Author Topic: Migrating old chars from IT to AE  (Read 2043 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Croc

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
Migrating old chars from IT to AE
« on: 20 June 2021, 20:51:52 »
Hello all,

I have bought Atlantis yesterday and I wanted to play it with one of my old Immortal Throne characters. I have played Anniversary Edition and Ragnarok before, but only with new characters, so I don't know how ok the migration process is. I played IT with the fanpatch and the patchfix for fanpatch, so, as you know, the Stygian Lurker and Hades' Generals quests had fixes. And that's what worries me.

Today I logged with one of my old characters in Normal, Epic and Legendary and I did some calculations. From my observations, this is what happens:
-Stygian Lurker rewards are removed and added again. This is ok.
-Hades' General quest disappears from log and must be completed again on each difficulty. I'm not 100% sure the old bonus was removed. Question 1: Was it removed?
-The Gargantuan Yeti quest disappears from the log and can't be completed again. Upon first login on each difficulty, the game says it now gives +100% pet hp. This character is a summoner, so pet bonuses are very important, so Question 2: can someone confirm the pet bonuses are really awarded?
-Main quests VII (Under the Labyrinth) and XIV (Under Wusao Mountain) became empty on the log. They award nothing, so it's ok.

All other quest rewards seem ok.

But there is another problem.
Every attribute point invested in Health/Energy in AE gives 40 points, but in TQ/IT it gave 25 points. And this is not automatically corrected in AE.
My character has spent 158 attribute points in IT. 16 of these points were invested in Health, so my character has 700 base Health in IT.
In AE, my character still has only 700 Health. So basically I lost 6 attribute points. So, Question 3: how do I fix this since Defiler only works for Immotal Trhone? Is there a Defiler for AE?
My 13 chars: Summoner 81, Spellbreaker 75, Dreamkiller 71, Paladin 71, Harbinger 69, Diviner 66, Ranger 65, Skinchanger 49, Champion 48, Soothsayer 47, Magician 43, Conqueror 37, Sage ??

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Migrating old chars from IT to AE
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2021, 21:04:22 »
You could try GDDefiler which is for both TQ and Grim Dawn.  Not sure how well the editing works though; I've never used it for that and it hasn't been updated for 2 years now.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-defiler/28264

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Croc

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2021, 23:03:51 »
Hi Medea,

GDDefiler worked. I gave my character the lost 6 attribute points.

Not only that, but the Defiler helped answer my other questions.

Even though the Hades's Generals quest can be completed again, it is useless to do so. The previous hidden skill that gives the +5% total damage was already there. Doing the quest again raises the skill level, which changes nothing.

And the bonus to the pets from the Gargantuan Yeti quest was also there in the form of hidden skills.

So now I know that to safely migrate from Immortal Throne to AE all I have to do is:
1- Log once at each difficulty.
2-Correct health/energy values using Defiler.

Thanks!
My 13 chars: Summoner 81, Spellbreaker 75, Dreamkiller 71, Paladin 71, Harbinger 69, Diviner 66, Ranger 65, Skinchanger 49, Champion 48, Soothsayer 47, Magician 43, Conqueror 37, Sage ??

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2021, 07:02:29 »
Glad it worked for you Croc.  Enjoy the expansion.   :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal