Author Topic: Help with old Textures and Newer Titan Quest Versions  (Read 5002 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bandaras

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Help with old Textures and Newer Titan Quest Versions
« on: 02 March 2020, 14:24:54 »
I have a few problems atm with the old Textures from Allskins on newer Versions of Titan Quest.

The Problem is that i was finally trying to convert Allskins to the new version of Titan Quest but the Textures are pretty much unusable on the New Versions.

If i start the Game on DirectX 9 Mode and put the Texture Quallity on Medium the Skins are fine but if you put it on High they are way to Dark.

On the normale Mode (presumably DirectX 10 or up) the Skins are all to Dark settings doesn't change that.

I tried a few things already but hit a wall so to speak.

I put a image with the 2 Versions in the Post on the Top is how the skins look on High and overall.
On the Bottom are the Skins in DirectX 9 on medium.

Spoiler for Hiden:

If someone knows how to fix it or wants to look at the files i can send you the .tex files and .tga files.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Help with old Textures and Newer Titan Quest Versions
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2020, 16:02:45 »
the problem is the textures are missing the BMP. without the bmp the texture , any texture will become darker with no shader.

Must be the problem , if i am correct.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bandaras

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2020, 19:30:48 »
the problem is the textures are missing the BMP. without the bmp the texture , any texture will become darker with no shader.

Must be the problem , if i am correct.

Yep it WAS the BMPs.

I feel very much Stupid because it was a easy fix.

The problem was the folder structure the BMPs were in theire own folder separately from the normal textures.

Dont't know how the Original Mod Authors did it that it could be done this way.

The Models look a bit rough atm so i probably have to redo the bmps with Alpha Channel and all but at last it should work now.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2020, 22:39:02 »
No problem , i had that problem in the past as well :)

Glad its working up.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2020, 22:05:26 »
Hey, i downloaded your mod from Steam (thank you for your work). However, the bumps are too glossy and the relief is very crude looking. If you want to save yourself time from making new bumps for each and every skin and still have some bumps, here is what you can do:
Unpack System.arc that comes with the vanilla game. Inside you will find folder "Textures", and inside it there is a tex file called "plainbmp.tex". Unpack it and open it in an image editor. Make it semi-transparent (it will reduce the gloss) and test it with any of the skins from the mod. Adjust transparency to increase or decrease the gloss untill you like it. Then just use this same bump for all the skins.
They wont have relief, but they will still look better than before. Hope this helps.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal