Author Topic: 2-handed weapons posibilities  (Read 6588 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: 2-handed weapons posibilities
« Reply #45 on: 31 March 2024, 00:28:21 »
@soa, Just now I realized that I did highlight tests with “character.SetPlayerInvisible true”, that is, the highlight in the screenshots above was for friendly mobs, lol. So that .exe is useless - the only thing it essentially does is set the highlight for friendly mobs as enemies. Sorry.
I checked the highlight of this monster wisp (r = 0.0;g=0.0;b=0.0;a=1.0) - this is a normal value (checked on a regular .exe). I already wanted to write that the issue is not highlight, but I decided to try setting a forced highlight for all mobs (r = 1.0;g=1.0;b=1.0;a=1.0) and yes, after that it looked fine, so it’s highlight .

I decided to ask, are you interested in the version of Soulvizier for the Android version of the game? I could try to port (I have experience, for example, I ported the Cataclysm mod). But I need the mod in the form it would look like to run through CustomMaps (and not by replacing the original files). As far as I remember, there is a version for CustomMaps, but essentially the entire database is embedded there - even those files that have not been changed. And for porting I only need the changed files.
I understand that the chance of this is very small (that you don’t have a version with only modified files, so as not to depend on updates), but it was worth trying to ask :) (on another forum (Android version only), in which I post modifications ported by me, the most a large number of requests specifically for Soulvizier).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #46 on: 31 March 2024, 17:46:04 »
Actually it has an effect in the game, because now the "Dream Guide" pet (Phantasm you get at lvl 40) shows correctly.
Before, when you had the cursor over it (and it was often the case, because the pet is quite big), it was floating in an ugly light brown cloud.
The Storm Wisp is fixed as well when it's a player's pet.

If I understand correctly, fixing the enemies could be done as well. Without putting the player in invisible mode (put it in invincible mode instead), by putting the cursor over the enemy you should be able to see which part of the memory changes. If that's roughly how it works.

The highlight values in the .dbr files (noHighlightDefaultColorR/G/B/A) seem completely useless, as changing them has no effect. Or maybe it's too subtle or just useful in a particular case. So maybe you change that in the .exe as well ?

As for the mobile port, I'm not interested but feel free to try it. I guess that with a comparison tool you can detect which files are unchanged and delete them.
Maintaining two versions, one with all files (for Hard installation) and another with only changed files is way too much work, so that's why I have only one database version with all files.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 04 April 2024, 15:01:31 »
Actually it has an effect in the game, because now the "Dream Guide" pet (Phantasm you get at lvl 40) shows correctly.
Before, when you had the cursor over it (and it was often the case, because the pet is quite big), it was floating in an ugly light brown cloud.
The Storm Wisp is fixed as well when it's a player's pet.
Well then, if this is not useless, I forgot to write, it was TQ.exe from the Steam version of the game. Do not use if you have the GoG/Epic Games version.
To do this for other versions, in the hex editor find: 75 30 83 C8 01 A3 C8 52 67 00 C7 05 CC 52 67 and replace the first byte (75) with EB.

Upd. I checked the TQ.exe hash of the Steam and GoG versions and they are identical.

Upd2.
If I understand correctly, fixing the enemies could be done as well.
@soa, I hope this is what you need - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSIjoNHEjUNk_A_U1JxFpBGNjxvrXPKv
« Last Edit: 04 April 2024, 23:05:57 by HekTo »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 05 April 2024, 15:27:30 »
The highlight values in the .dbr files (noHighlightDefaultColorR/G/B/A) seem completely useless, as changing them has no effect.
@soa, In fact, this is true. From a code point of view, these values are read from the .dbr into the highlight color value when creating the mob, but any call to the highlight enable function will overwrite this value that was taken from the .dbr with the constant value from the .exe
So maybe you change that in the .exe as well ?
I did this, but not in the .exe, but in Engine.dll (change a few bytes there). But the dll most likely needs to be done separately for different versions (Steam/GoG/Epic). You must also understand that in this case ALL highlight will be taken from [dbr_file]->[Actor]->noHighlightDefaultColorR/G/B/A and you will need to change them in a huge number of files :D .
Spoiler for Video:
Upd.
Spoiler for Video:
« Last Edit: 06 April 2024, 15:40:58 by HekTo »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 10 April 2024, 23:18:49 »
@HekTo Do you have the .dll that allows to fix an actor's dbr with noHighlight parameters ?
Your latest .exe seems to fix pets & enemies when you pass the cursor over them.

But there are still issues (black textures) when not having the cursor over the enemy
Like here on the left Spirit Siphon has a black effect, on the right when selected it doesn't. But then the enemy Storm Wisp (unselected) turns black.
https://i.imgur.com/f9Up7rB.png
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 10 April 2024, 23:28:42 »
@HekTo Do you have the .dll that allows to fix an actor's dbr with noHighlight parameters ?
Sent you a PM (dll from the Steam version of the game). But in this case (using this dll), the previous .exes are most likely useless, since all the highlighting is now controlled from .dbrs.

Try setting all 4 parameters to 0 with this dll for those mobs that highlight black.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2024, 00:20:47 by HekTo »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 10 April 2024, 23:33:59 »
I also forgot to send it in the last post, I’ll send it in this one, maybe you’ll be interested in knowing this information :)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 11 April 2024, 00:04:05 »
Thanks ! I'll try it.
I'll see what it does by default, if no value is entered in the dbr.

I'm not sure what you're talking about in your last post, maybe it's the number of differences / same files between vanilla and SV dbrs ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline HekTo

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 11 April 2024, 00:30:25 »
I'm not sure what you're talking about in your last post, maybe it's the number of differences / same files between vanilla and SV dbrs ?
Yes, I already have a version with only the changed files.
Not Exist - available in SV and not in vanilla; Not Identical - exists in vanilla and was changed in SV; Identical - exists in vanilla and has not been changed.
Those. I have a version where there are only files from the “Not Exist” and “Not Identical” categories, as well as logs (.txt list of files, separately for each category).
I thought that if you do not have a version where there are only modified files, then you would be interested in knowing such statistics, so I posted a screenshot.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal