Author Topic: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )  (Read 218143 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )
« Reply #300 on: 21 November 2019, 01:00:37 »
The mod is almost having 1000 new monsters and about 100 heroes and bosses.

Awesome. Make some screaming sound for this dude so player can feel more uncomfortable in his presence.

Sure, i will try find some fitting voice sounds for then.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: 21 November 2019, 22:19:49 »
The World of Titanomachy is hard place to life, Proud and mighty civilizations are falling in ruin and misery duo of Monster scourge, there aren't enough of soldiers to protect every city. Villagers are forcing to leave their homes. What fate of those poor souls have?

"You must understand, Titansbane....you cant save everyone..."

There are rumours..whispering.. the Imperial city of Memphis is under siege...i think its just rumours...
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: 22 November 2019, 13:52:53 »
Some monsters you will find in Egypt.

Chaos Tarantula on the left and a regular tarantula on the right , you can see this type of spider is different than the ones you find in greece, they are more faster and have bigger fangs.

Plus i made a visual effect when you kill a corrupted type creature , its looks like you free the creature from its torment.. its looks preatty neat. If you stand too close its deals vitality dmg.

The Undying

The one of few things i enjoyed from Atlantis are the monsters models, it can fill the gaps on monster diversity and fits well in Forgotten tombs ^^.

They are fast than the regular undead, and like to ambush you when you least expected, dont get swarmed.

Greater Mummys ( you probably know who they are :) )

Still  working on his models, but you can expect same abilitys in diablo , no doubt the 1st target to slain.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: 22 November 2019, 14:59:20 »
Some monsters you will find in Egypt.

Chaos Tarantula on the left and a regular tarantula on the right , you can see this type of spider is different than the ones you find in greece, they are more faster and have bigger fangs.

Plus i made a visual effect when you kill a corrupted type creature , its looks like you free the creature from its torment.. its looks preatty neat. If you stand too close its deals vitality dmg.

The Undying

The one of few things i enjoyed from Atlantis are the monsters models, it can fill the gaps on monster diversity and fits well in Forgotten tombs ^^.

They are fast than the regular undead, and like to ambush you when you least expected, dont get swarmed.

Greater Mummys ( you probably know who they are :) )

Still  working on his models, but you can expect same abilitys in diablo , no doubt the 1st target to slain.
Your mod will have a lot of influences from Diablo,rigt?Burning cities,corrupted creatures etc.I like that.Would have been cool if we could've modified the graphics a little,to give a darker tone to the game.
Oh,a question:do you think it will be balanced?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: 22 November 2019, 15:57:46 »
Your mod will have a lot of influences from Diablo,rigt?Burning cities,corrupted creatures etc.I like that.Would have been cool if we could've modified the graphics a little,to give a darker tone to the game.
Oh,a question:do you think it will be balanced?

I took some ideias from diablo yes, i think they fit well on my mod because i want to show a grim chaotic world.

About the graphics.. yhea i cannot do that, what i did is all dungeons/caves/tombs/underground areas are dark with almost no signal from natural light.

Yes absoluty, this mod will be acessible from Helos to Ashlands, as i dont like impossible things and 1-shot from monsters. So far every boss can provide a fair fight, theres a few hard bosses but they are well hidden. The game can be hard but it will provide a good challenge and fun game play.

Same for champions monsters as they have a diverse list of abilities but none of then can 1 shot the player. Big monster have a chance to stun and healers monsters types have hight chance to heal their allies.

I play this mod as well since  day 1, i already changed various things , balanced some monsters and bosses, removed annoying skills and perma stuns.

Im super flexible and open to suggestions and critics,  if some1 say the thing X or Z is impossible to deal i will certain to take a look and improve it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: 23 November 2019, 13:41:20 »
Guess what, I'm here to complain about Spellbreaker again :D

This time from player's side though. I loaded Titanomachy on epic with a fully twinked char from vanilla (she's in act 2 epic) just to see the rest of the areas in act 1 and I noticed something rather unsettling as an Oracle. Some of the new enemies seem to have so much mana that one cast of Spellbreaker can instantly kill them, especially if they're undead (or any race you have +%damage to), it's crazy. I could get rid of a group of champion skeletons, satyr magi, some cyclops, with 1 "non-damaging" spell. Spellbreaker has +50% damage to magical (ethereals) on it too.

The thing is even if it did no mana drain, it still would seem like (one of) the strongest spell(s). My reasoning being that a lot of the difficulty in Titanomachy comes from enemies with auras or annoying skills, instead of their base stats. Seems like playing storm defeats that purpose, no? Spellbreaker has only a 6.0 s CD, you can get that down to 1.2 s at the cap. I don't like to suggest getting rid of a skill, but perhaps change it in someway? I could suggest 2 possibilities so far:

1] Keep enemy mana at sane levels and get rid of spellbreaker's "dispelling" feature, making it a damaging spell instead of a utility one [requires adjusting values of mana drain ratio, EBD, phys] [perhaps put disruption on base and phys damage on synergy]

2] Adjust enemy mana, make some of the auras un-dispellable, increase skill CD

Some other small things:
- Mutated Boars look very awkward and buggy, I suggest you take a looksie at their visuals
- Athens Marsh:
Spoiler for Hiden:
-just thematically, I dislike the Juvenile Hydras, the idea of smaller versions of uber bosses throws me off

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: 23 November 2019, 14:10:10 »
or just give them resistance to that? (what resistance is that again?)

in TQIT, people were abusing that spell but the devs fixed that in AE.. maybe sauruz just forgot

no need to remove dispel feature
also no need to increase CD
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #307 on: 23 November 2019, 16:51:54 »
or just give them resistance to that? (what resistance is that again?)

in TQIT, people were abusing that spell but the devs fixed that in AE.. maybe sauruz just forgot

no need to remove dispel feature
also no need to increase CD

You can't resist to Dispell. Maybe you confuse it with Disruption.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: 23 November 2019, 17:09:19 »
no.. i promise people used to abuse this on TQIT and devs fixed that on AE.. looking at changelog

Special resistances against % Life Reduction and Mana Burn Damage can no longer be reduced

maybe that's it.. and if you try, you probably can't do it against vanilla bosses, only the new bosses.. i haven't tried it because i played earth

edit: no disrespect to Torstein but removing dispel feature is stupid.. that's one of the selling points of the skill.. it's like "plague is too good, let's remove its debuff feature"

edit 2: apologies Torstein.. I'm not insulting you.. i just don't think it's the right solution
« Last Edit: 23 November 2019, 18:14:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: 23 November 2019, 23:27:20 »
Just to let you know im kept my eyes on your(s) discussions/concerns.

As this is getting more complex for me to handle as myself, i will need help, i dont want to stop working on this project, i dont mind giving 10 steps back , if something is not right it needs to improve.. absoluty.

I was thinking, if anyone want to help/discuss , i can create a discord page ( well i dont know how to create one lol) for a general more open chat or even in here.

Some few things about mana

-i do admit every champion got between 500 to 800 mana, because i dont want then to run off mana, i can reduce it , i probably went to far

-I can give champions a high resistance to mana drain , i think my bosses got high resistance or even immune to mana drain spells like spellbreaker

I do hate spellbreaker because is literally killing me   from the start (ah ah its my fault :p)

edit: i can be bad at some things but i can be good at other things, gave my greater mummys a breath attack and a deserved animation
« Last Edit: 24 November 2019, 00:17:54 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: 24 November 2019, 01:38:59 »
right.. so it's sunday here today.. i did a few quicks tests.. i don't know anything about modding or looking at monster files so this is the only way i can help sauruz.. you can't tell people what to like and what not to like, and this is what i happened to like.. spoiler alert: this will contain spoilers so for those who haven't tried the mod yet and doesn't want to see any spoilers, look away now.....

i made a backup copy of my earth char just to test, then i made my earth char an elementalist.. i put 1pt each on spellbreaker and spell shock, became lvl 2 because of SB cuffs.. i tried to find some of the new champions and bosses (i tried to find WNG and Torstein but i couldn't remember where they are.. then i thought of going to bumbleguppy but realized the 2 new bosses before and after telkine were a shorter walk.. the other one was the fallen.. i also found saurius, was it new and was it named after you sauruz?) also the boss on the same area as nessus.. on all of those, i have not seen spellbreaker doing any noticeable damage.. so really i don't see any problem there.. if it's only trash mobs, then that's easy, just reduce their mana.. many monsters don't even have mana.. if it's against bosses, then just give some skill disruption protection.. but not immune that's unfair.. even Dactyl and Typhon are not immune
edit: just to be clear, the damage against bosses was almost non-existent for me

it does prevent some bosses from casting some spells but that's what spellbreaker does.. even in vanilla that's how it is.. like sauruz said it's very annoying when bosses cast it on you.. so it must also be annoying for bosses.. that's what spellbreaker does.. and like i said, storm is probably the squishiest mastery and squall and spellbreaker are the skills that make up for that.. removing 1 of them for me feels like taking 1 of your limbs.. now if it's removing something inconsequential like lightning dash, then i'd gladly trade it for a skill that gives 1 mana per second, in a heartbeat lol.. but not a key part of a mastery
« Last Edit: 24 November 2019, 01:44:31 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: 24 November 2019, 10:03:06 »
I don't think I did a good job at explaining my point there. Let me try again. I haven't mentioned bosses - I've noticed mana drain doesn't do damage to them, although the problem could apply to them in some cases. What I was trying to underline is many groups of mobs have a guy with a party aura, self-buff, etc; it's a wide range of skills everywhere you go, that's where the difficulty lies. Most mobs won't re-cast their auras either (I think). It would be a big punch to the storm mastery to change that, but somehow it feels like omitting all those auras and skills defies the purpose.

It's problematic because if you want to change one thing in the game, it will require 10 other things to be reconsidered. Titanomachy is not a total overhaul mod, so I can imagine it's very undesirable to play around with anything other than what was presupposed.

@botebote77  you're not fine with changing Spellbreaker, but I assume you wouldn't mind a change to Lightning Dash or Arc Discharge, provided it's a buff. I'm aware Spellbreaker is not the only broken skill, and it's up to the creator to decide if things like Phalanx, Finesse, and many many other should see a nerf or not.

I'd still at least argue the increase in CD / decrease in radius / mobs recasting auras, it seems easier than reestablishing the concept of mob strength coming from active skills. We shall see.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: 24 November 2019, 11:11:12 »
Most mobs won't re-cast their auras either (I think).
ah so that's the problem.. so if they can recast aura after few seconds, problem solved.. still i don't think it's a big issue because ice shard probably would do a better job.. just mana costly

@botebote77  you're not fine with changing Spellbreaker, but I assume you wouldn't mind a change to Lightning Dash or Arc Discharge, provided it's a buff. I'm aware Spellbreaker is not the only broken skill, and it's up to the creator to decide if things like Phalanx, Finesse, and many many other should see a nerf or not.
this is not a problem of titanomachy.. should be addressed to the devs

if this becomes something toxic, I'll stop posting.. I've said my piece already.. it's up to sauruz
« Last Edit: 24 November 2019, 11:17:10 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: 24 November 2019, 11:35:34 »
@botebote77
You know very well the devs won't balance or fix those things. Anyways, we can exchange our views here without it becoming toxic. You know the game very well, so if you think my suggestions are bs I'd want you to have your say, I'm sure Sauruz shares the sentiment :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: 24 November 2019, 11:45:32 »
You know very well the devs won't balance or fix those things.
sad but true.. 99.9% chance they won't.. there are skills i want to consider changing too, but not spell breaker.. just adjust monster mana and make them able to recast aura after few seconds.. but skill changes, if sauruz considers it, i think comes later.. very early in development yet

now i listen to Metallica's sad but true, after i listen to Cindy Lauper's time after time.. for some reason i can't get it out of my head
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal