Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 68139 times)

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Soulvizier AERA
« Reply #105 on: 02 January 2020, 16:49:34 »
I fall behind, still lvl 12 Pyro in Delphi. 1 soul so far (Polyphemus), met alot of heroes, but no luck with more souls. No luck with merc contracts either. Found some new affixes, i dont remember them from old SV, a nice addition. The only bug i've seen is a missing bitmap on unique sword (Veleno's Edge). I'll post again when i reach Act 2.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #106 on: 02 January 2020, 20:23:33 »
I think you should make the mod as custom map, not hard mod.
TQVault now seems not works well with each time load original items vaults.

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #107 on: 03 January 2020, 00:11:05 »
By the way, I forgot to mention that the items without an icon texture also don't have texture on their 3D model, i have one on me (the Khafra ward), and the armor looks like it's made either of aluminium or semen. The razor feather and fiend carapace relics also don't have textures.

I'm currently lvl 26, at bactrian forest, and I haven't encountered much bugs or issues since Sais, at the exception of the statues boss in the sphinx, it seems the momified priest aren't there at all (the one with the electrical ball attack, and they're supposed to respawn as long as one boss obelisk is alive).
I dropped more souls than in act 1 (well, more than 1 isn't hard), and the dune raider mercenary.
And merchants of act 2 seems a bit strange, for nearly half of egypt the merchant selling staves only sold the end of Act 1 staves.

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: 03 January 2020, 00:14:51 »
at the exception of the statues boss in the sphinx, it seems the momified priest aren't there at all (the one with the electrical ball attack, and they're supposed to respawn as long as one boss obelisk is alive).

The Devs removed the priests from Pharoah Obelisks  couple patchs ago , i dont know why

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: 03 January 2020, 22:07:59 »
So, i'm doing an update because there is quite a massive problem in the current version of SV.
I'm level 30, currently at Olympus, and I can't progress to act IV as killing Typhon doesn't trigger the Zeus speech and the portal, I tried to kill him multiple times, same result. It does however update my quest entries with the atlantis one.

Here's other weird things I observed, probably not everything is a SV related bug, might be AE or simply a feature :
- Basic tigermen have weird textures.
- Having a shrine buff and taking a shrine of the same buff doesn't refresh the buff anymore.
- The bonus to health given by Health Shrine seems to only work in act 1 (I don't know if it's intended)
- Might keep on eye on blood damage related SV ennemies and heroes, as they possibly became way stronger with the AE version of SV (or if you plan to introduce back the blood cave and stuff like that)
- Souls dropped by ennemies seems to require a bit too high level, for exemple I have a raptor soul that requires lvl 36 to be equiped, I was lvl 28 when I dropped it, and even after finishing the act, i'm still level 30.

Speaking of which, the leveling curve seems to become slower than the base game after late-Act 2 / early-Act 3, even by cleaning the whole map, doing every quests, i'm lvl 30 at the end of the act (I was 25 at the end of Act 2), where I generaly finished between lvl 32 & 34 in the vanilla game.
All the heroes I encountered so far seemed to work as intended, I was surprised when the behemoth Ichthian hero threw me a winged shark who chewed on me, i didn't remember he was doing that in the past  ;D
I'll wait until the progress restricting bug is fixed, except if you need me to test specific things.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: 04 January 2020, 00:29:26 »
So, i'm doing an update because there is quite a massive problem in the current version of SV.
I'm level 30, currently at Olympus, and I can't progress to act IV as killing Typhon doesn't trigger the Zeus speech and the portal, I tried to kill him multiple times, same result. It does however update my quest entries with the atlantis one.

Here's other weird things I observed, probably not everything is a SV related bug, might be AE or simply a feature :
- Basic tigermen have weird textures.
- Having a shrine buff and taking a shrine of the same buff doesn't refresh the buff anymore.
- The bonus to health given by Health Shrine seems to only work in act 1 (I don't know if it's intended)
- Might keep on eye on blood damage related SV ennemies and heroes, as they possibly became way stronger with the AE version of SV (or if you plan to introduce back the blood cave and stuff like that)
- Souls dropped by ennemies seems to require a bit too high level, for exemple I have a raptor soul that requires lvl 36 to be equiped, I was lvl 28 when I dropped it, and even after finishing the act, i'm still level 30.

Speaking of which, the leveling curve seems to become slower than the base game after late-Act 2 / early-Act 3, even by cleaning the whole map, doing every quests, i'm lvl 30 at the end of the act (I was 25 at the end of Act 2), where I generaly finished between lvl 32 & 34 in the vanilla game.
All the heroes I encountered so far seemed to work as intended, I was surprised when the behemoth Ichthian hero threw me a winged shark who chewed on me, i didn't remember he was doing that in the past  ;D
I'll wait until the progress restricting bug is fixed, except if you need me to test specific things.

- The refreshing of the shrines is an AE bug (or feature, but doesn't make sense). See https://redmine.thqnordic.com/issues/28092 or https://redmine.thqnordic.com/issues/34792 . I don't know what I can do, but it's on my list if someday I find a fix.
- Health shrine : there's got to be a bug somewhere in the mod.
- I will check on the other bugs (I haven't touched Typhon, he's the same as classic SV but they may have changed some things in AE about him). Please send me your save so that I can test my fixes easier.
- The feedback gathered until now already made it clear that the XP curve is too slow. It will be faster in the next version (not like classic-SV, but no one want it slower than AE)
- Regarding souls : this is a temporary setting. I changed the requirement equation just before the start of the beta, because the requirements were too low given the power of the souls. Now I know this isn't perfect, and the req are probably too high, but that's preferable because overall I'm gonna decrease the difficulty as asked by most beta testers. So for now, souls have increased requirements in order to avoid the game from being easier than AE. At some point I may lower them, depending on the evolution of the XP curve, but I will also need to reduce their power in the same time (drop rate will also increase, so that you may find souls that suit your playstyle when untwinked).
- The ichthian's shark is a funny thing, it's already in classic SV.
- Blood damage : in TQIT, this damage was laughable. It's better now in AE because it scales and you have reduced resistances in Epic and Legendary. But it's probable that classic SV boosted it in another way (increase in flat numbers) to make it scale and that cumulates with AE changes. Same goes for poison, life leech and retaliation. I've already reduced the % global bleeding modifiers to AE level to limit this potential issue. It will need some playthroughs in Epic and Legendary to really know, because that's where it truly scales and you get reduced resistances. Are there any particular enemies that deal high bleeding damage ?

Edit : is the game still too difficult past act 1 ? Does it get better in act 2 or 3 ?

Final note : I was planning to make an important update this weekend. Well, even if I don't manage to kill the Typhon bug, I will make it anyway.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 00:33:41 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Comrade_Ajax

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #111 on: 04 January 2020, 02:34:12 »
Playing through slowly but finished Act 1.

Progression Levels:
Sparta - 6
Tegea - 8
Megara - 10
Ambrossos - 11
Delphi - 12
Athens - 16
Knossos - 16
Rhakotis - 18

I've found some more bugged gear which occupy a single slot and have no model:
-Telkine Veil
-Tricker's Bow
-Ring of Atus
-Moltenblade
-Emerald Marchers

The Runemaster prefix also doesn't apply the skill bonus to Rune skills. I'll send my save with the bugged items separately.

For feedback on the changes to leveling, I would say that for Act 1 the progression still feels smooth. The difficulty didn't feel much different even with reduced levels. As noted however, the level requirements for souls no longer aligns with the level you encounter the enemies that drop them. For example, Nessu's soul requires level 14 while I fought him around level 7. This issue will probably become more pronounced in Epic and Legendary.

I'm a little disappointed about not being able to enchant Epics/Legendaries. From prior Soulvizier playthroughs I already thought that many of the good affix rolls on Rares and MIs outclassed most uniques. With the changes to resist penalties you can probably just focus on getting good damage rolls on green gear and get resistances from enchantments. That said, I haven't played much with the new Ragnarok/Atlantis content and don't know how well it stacks up compared to IT. I also miss the small quality of life changes such as potion stacking that I believe were previously built in.

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: 04 January 2020, 05:17:44 »
Report from Rhakotis (lvl 18):
- The drop rates in Act I were great. Got 4 souls total, 2 SBC's and a Magmastone ring (no bitmap again). I dont know if you increased the drop chances, but its very nice that the mod does not require extensive farming
- I second @icefreeze about Minotaur lord, hes way too strong. Stun, then kill in 2 hits. Took me 9 deaths to kill (of 11 total), i cant imagine if i was melee... I met 3 different uberheroes and none of them can compare to him. Neither the Telkhine (i find his difficulty to be just right btw).

Some ideas about skills:
- Heat shield - The cooldown is too high, and after taking a few fire hits it needs to be recast. I suggest you make it passive % fire absorb it like it is in AE.
- Blade Mastery (Occult) - maybe it can be used with thrown weapons, like Calculated strike.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 05:35:14 by nargil66 »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: 04 January 2020, 15:14:26 »
Found the solution for the Typhon bug.

However, I found out that the formula bug (you can create an item without the reagents if you click on the grey "Create artifact" button and say "Yes") is once again an official game bug.
I can't do anything about that. I thought it was because of my WIP recipes that didn't have 3 ingredients.
Only advice I can give is to be fair and don't click the grey button if you don't have the reagents. Consider it would be a basic cheat like duplicating your items with TQ Vault or by duplicating your saves. I can't stop anyone from cheating, if that's how you want to play.

See here :
https://redmine.thqnordic.com/issues/29418
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: 04 January 2020, 15:40:37 »
There is an issue that when I swap back to to original game (by deleting file that Soulvizier mod require in the folder that change before), play with character of original game, don't start with character that play Soulvizier mod, then come back to Soulvizier mod with Soulvizier character, there are no green seal formula - forge formula(that to create items, right?) in Relic/charm - Artifacts store page of Caravan Storage that i stores before.
- The last boss of act2, Musika iirc, the Sand lord, deal alot of dmg with his"shotgun" like skill, i must abuse Seal of Fate behind the wall to kim him.
- My character now lvl25, still Runesmaster, at start of Babylon outskirt after kill Chimaera. I don't know what do you think to set this hero at lvl41, with defense skill (rally all time it possible, low recharge so his health recovery so fast) and "new weird" skill that can't break, chasing you all along in duration like this, it seems impossible to kill this guy.
- Anh there are some items, relic that don't have texture, like this Tiamat sword (i think it's sword by it attacks peed).
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 18:58:52 by icefreeze »

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: 04 January 2020, 18:55:45 »
- At last, i kill him with the help of the guardians near there, and his drop this lvl38 soul.
- And this shield -Sunwheel doesn't have texture, icon miss at slots storage too.
- This Peng's Hero so crazy, he can cast lightning spell without recharge, through the wall if character in it range to cast skill  :o
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 19:39:26 by icefreeze »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: 04 January 2020, 19:42:35 »
There is an issue that when I swap back to to original game (by deleting file that Soulvizier mod require in the folder that change before), play with character of original game, don't start with character that play Soulvizier mod, then come back to Soulvizier mod with Soulvizier character, there are no green seal formula - forge formula(that to create items, right?) in Relic/charm - Artifacts store page of Caravan Storage that i stores before.
- The last boss of act2, Musika iirc, the Sand lord, deal alot of dmg with his"shotgun" like skill, i must abuse Seal of Fate behind the wall to kim him.
- My character now lvl25, still Runesmaster, at start of Babylon outskirt after kill Chimaera. I don't know what do you think to set this hero at lvl41, with defense skill (rally all time it possible, low recharge so his health recovery so fast) and "new weird" skill that can't break, chasing you all along in duration like this, it seems impossible to kill this guy.
- Anh there are some items, relic that don't have texture, like this Tiamat sword (i think it's sword by it attacks peed).

- No need to report more texture bugs. This will be fixed by next version.
- For the missing recipes in the Caravan, I don't know. You should make a complete backup of the SaveData directory when swapping between AE and SV.
- You don't seem to realize this is an existing mod I'm updating and I haven't made it all by myself. Also consider this is a beta, everything is not perfect. The XP will increase in the next version.
- The new version is ready, I'm making a playthrough right now. It will be published tomorrow.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: 04 January 2020, 20:07:23 »
- Rune Field skill tier lvl is wrong, it's lvl40 skill but has the same height as lv32 skill in Runes mastery board.
- The Neanderthal Shaman hero - Yime the Beastmaster seems too tough with his pets, he resummoned his pets continuely if any of them dead, and has skill like Squall but with cold effect, can be frozen character.
* For some issue i don't know, i can't attachments picture in this post (after try sometime).

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: 04 January 2020, 21:17:07 »
- At last, i kill him with the help of the guardians near there, and his drop this lvl38 soul.
- And this shield -Sunwheel doesn't have texture, icon miss at slots storage too.
- This Peng's Hero so crazy, he can cast lightning spell without recharge, through the wall if character in it range to cast skill  :o

This is something that was already in the classic SV, some heroes were probably made for later points in the game, but can appear sooner because of ennemy pools (for the behemoth Ichthian for exemple, i think he was made to appear in the swamp/forst of China, rather than Babylon and the outskirts), their high levels is also due to the classic SV experience curve, at the time you were like lvl 35 at the start of act 3, where in the current version you are lvl 30 at the END of act 3. Also, i think most of the issues you encounter here are caused by the fact you don't invest enough points in mastery, having 1.1k health as a melee in act 3 is extremely fragile, there are a lot of ennemies that are going to give you troubles in the later part of act 3 (especially the flameguard dragonians and the third telkine, they are monsters in terms of dealing high damages, Ormenos is probably going to one shot you with every of his attacks)

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: 04 January 2020, 21:26:14 »

- I noticed that Energy Armor show at the highest tier skill but it actually just require Runes mastery lvl32 to unlock, while the Rune Field skill show as lvl32 tier skill but need to unlock as lvl 40 tier skill :D

This is something that was already in the classic SV, some heroes were probably made for later points in the game, but can appear sooner because of ennemy pools (for the behemoth Ichthian for exemple, i think he was made to appear in the swamp/forst of China, rather than Babylon and the outskirts), their high levels is also due to the classic SV experience curve, at the time you were like lvl 35 at the start of act 3, where in the current version you are lvl 30 at the END of act 3. Also, i think most of the issues you encounter here are caused by the fact you don't invest enough points in mastery, having 1.1k health as a melee in act 3 is extremely fragile, there are a lot of ennemies that are going to give you troubles in the later part of act 3 (especially the flameguard dragonians and the third telkine, they are monsters in terms of dealing high damages, Ormenos is probably going to one shot you with every of his attacks)
I play throw weapon, not melee.
With Runes, abuse Seal of Fate can kill Ormenos easily.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2020, 07:54:41 by icefreeze »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal