Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 68165 times)

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: Soulvizier AERA
« Reply #90 on: 31 December 2019, 22:33:48 »
Character class: Runemaster
Lv11 Normal, come the Rebirth Fountain after finished Shipwreck quest.
Open all maps, quests.
I kill a crow hero and it appear this white treasure orb, but i can't interact with it.

BTW: i think i'll using tqvault to group potion into 1 slots to save storage's slots, and stores items.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2019, 22:42:21 by icefreeze »

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #91 on: 31 December 2019, 22:58:53 »
Hi, quick feedback here, I played as an elementalist, the experience is quite nice for the moment, the beginning was quite hard because I encountered two heroes at the same time, but thanks to the guards tanking i managed to steal them. Also encountered the satyr boss at a camp after Nessus, had to pass it because he kept shredding me to pieces.

I'm currently at Megara, nearly lvl 10, here's a list of positive/negative points in my opinions, and bugs I encountered :

>> Positive : <<
- The mod don't have any real major problem, it runs smoothly.
- The addition of new crafting recipes is a great addition.
- The removal of resistance debuff is also a nice thing imo, well it doesn't really matter in normal, but I remember this being a pain in the back in legendary.
- The density of ennemies seems really nice (might reduce it a little bit maybe, but it's ok like it)

>> Negative : <<
- Heroes and boss seems to have the same crazy health regen the classic SV had, I always found it restrictive for builds as it forces player to take a more offensive approach in their builds, some heroes can become litteraly unkillable when orienting to more defensive build in epic/legendary
- The fact that roaming bosses (the one who spawn randomly in packs) have the possibility to spawn very early in Normal can be annoying (although it can be very fun in multiplayer)
- The experience curve is a bit too low in my opinion, I personnaly loved the SV xp curve as it allowed a more rapid progression and made act 1 & 2 way more fun in normal compared to vanilla, although I understand it could make more sense to reduce it since there is two more expensions now.

>> Bugs : <<
- The blade trap orb dropped by Child Snatcher on death doesn't detonate.
- Most of the new recipes requiring an object require a very specific item (like a copper band of insight), and even with the exact item it's still grey in the recipe.
- Speaking of recipes, you can create items from recipes (haven't tested with artefacts) without any of the reagents, the crafting button is grey, but by cliking it you have the confirmation window and you can craft it just paying the money.
- Recipes that need only one items (most weapons recipes) cannot be crafted, even with the weapon. Well technically they can because you can craft them without out of thin gold.

>> Suggestion : <<
- Increasing the xp curve a bit (maybe making a compromise between vanilla and the old SV curve), as imo it's the change that feel the most "not Soulvizier" for me.
- Make item recipes always need 3 items, since those crafted items are quite powerful (like the torch, mass, spear) and need very basic items and not much money to create (for exemple, the torch could need a basic torch, a fire of prometheus, and a mob related soul like shaman satyrs or something).

Still a very nice experience tho, i'll try to progress more tomorrow, and i'm happy this awesome mod is coming to AE.
(I still didn't droped a single soul out of dozens of heroes issou)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: 01 January 2020, 13:38:04 »
- The density of ennemies seems really nice (might reduce it a little bit maybe, but it's ok like it)
Note that I used the same equations as the original Soulvizier (base x2,7), and SV also has an increased coefficient for multiplayer.

- Heroes and boss seems to have the same crazy health regen the classic SV had, I always found it restrictive for builds as it forces player to take a more offensive approach in their builds, some heroes can become litteraly unkillable when orienting to more defensive build in epic/legendary
Actually it's a tough one because I like the increased regen for the player (makes a lot of items more valuable, adds diversity to the way a player can heal, compensates a bit for the higher cooldown of potions). It's a double-edged sword because that also gives more health regen to the monsters. I wouldn't call it crazy though : I like to punish a bit hit and run tactics, and force the player to stay a bit to defeat heroes and bosses.
Granted it makes some bosses too hard (last Grey Sister), but in theses cases I may only nerf these bosses regen in particular.
I'll try to tone down the increased regen for monsters and bosses, but not completely remove it.
But I'm not so sure that it makes it too hard for defensive builds; one could argue that it is your build that is not powerful enough.
Same if you find out that your glass cannon dies too often, it may be because it is a glass cannon, not because bosses hurt too much. Now that there is no increased resistance penalty, you get more room to increase your offensive power. And well, scrolls may finally get a purpose.

Also encountered the satyr boss at a camp after Nessus, had to pass it because he kept shredding me to pieces.
- The fact that roaming bosses (the one who spawn randomly in packs) have the possibility to spawn very early in Normal can be annoying (although it can be very fun in multiplayer)
I assume you're talking about Rakanizeus (big blue satyr, very fast, throwing electric balls, around lvl 15). Well, I think it's an issue from the original Soulvizier. In my testing playthroughs I had a worse situation, I encountered him before Sparta (in the camp near the Dowry Necklace quest). Needless to say he was unbeatable, and it felt too much. So I decided to delete him from the early spawns. Apparently that's not enough, maybe I should make him start his appearance only around the satyr camps before Delphi, if I can do that easily.

- The experience curve is a bit too low in my opinion, I personnaly loved the SV xp curve as it allowed a more rapid progression and made act 1 & 2 way more fun in normal compared to vanilla, although I understand it could make more sense to reduce it since there is two more expensions now.
- Increasing the xp curve a bit (maybe making a compromise between vanilla and the old SV curve), as imo it's the change that feel the most "not Soulvizier" for me.
For now the XP curve tries to stick to the AE edition. I'd like to keep accomplished heroes at level 40. So I can't make it like the original Soulvizier.
This said, I can try to lower the XP needed for the early game levels a bit, so that you get more levels in act 1 and 2 (and I hope this would get back to normal after). This would make the game easier (too easy ?), but that's the point, isn't it ?
I tried in early versions before the beta to have an "explosive" start, but in my playthroughs it felt too much.

- Most of the new recipes requiring an object require a very specific item (like a copper band of insight), and even with the exact item it's still grey in the recipe.
- Speaking of recipes, you can create items from recipes (haven't tested with artefacts) without any of the reagents, the crafting button is grey, but by cliking it you have the confirmation window and you can craft it just paying the money.
- Recipes that need only one items (most weapons recipes) cannot be crafted, even with the weapon. Well technically they can because you can craft them without out of thin gold.
- Make item recipes always need 3 items, since those crafted items are quite powerful (like the torch, mass, spear) and need very basic items and not much money to create (for exemple, the torch could need a basic torch, a fire of prometheus, and a mob related soul like shaman satyrs or something).
Forge recipes are bugged as of now (see the "known bugs" text file I sent you with the mod files). Of course, in the end all forge recipes will need 3 items because the game does weird things if you don't have three reagents.
The missing reagents were materials (iron, wood, silver, etc.) that I deleted. I'm currently working on a new system to replace them and make all forge recipes correctly usable.

- The blade trap orb dropped by Child Snatcher on death doesn't detonate.
Yeah, it's a known bug I forgot to add to the list. I haven't changed anything from him. Do you know if this was also an issue in the original Soulvizier ? Depending on the answer this may help me find what's wrong with him.

(I still didn't droped a single soul out of dozens of heroes issou)
This ought to be bad luck. I dropped at least one on each of my playthroughs, and even two with one char, all of them before Megara and without any farm (just clearing all the map).
Heroes have around 5% drop rate for souls (8% or 10% in act 5, might become the new reference), so you would need around 20 heroes before getting one.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2020, 13:39:41 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #93 on: 01 January 2020, 13:42:36 »
I've forgot how much fun was playing this mod...

Ok, started with a Pyromancer, lvl 7 in Sparta after beating Nessus. Feedback:
- Haven't noticed any real bugs, except a Runemaster's shield having invalid skill profile
- Heroes doesn't have stars above their heads, intentional?
- New recipes are a nice touch, but i agree with Vadumee that they should require more reagents
- Maybe you could increase champion/hero density a bit, can rmake things more interesting, also higher chance of souls will help untwinked.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2020, 13:55:39 by nargil66 »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 01 January 2020, 14:30:29 »
I've forgot how much fun was playing this mod...

Ok, started with a Pyromancer, lvl 7 in Sparta after beating Nessus. Feedback:
- Haven't noticed any real bugs, except a Runemaster's shield having invalid skill profile
- Heroes doesn't have stars above their heads, intentional?
- New recipes are a nice touch, but i agree with Vadumee that they should require more reagents
- Maybe you could increase champion/hero density a bit, can rmake things more interesting, also higher chance of souls will help untwinked.

1- OK, that's because the official text file is bugged and sometimes has twice the same tags (in equipment and ui files). Will be fixed in next version
2 - Yes, that's intentional. Actually I don't mind this much about the star, but I don't like that sometimes, it doesn't disappear when the hero dies. There is a golden star staying on the floor and I find that ridiculous. I haven't found any way to make the star disappear after the hero's death, so I simply deleted it (see https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=985.msg11329#msg11329)
3- Yes, as said above it is WIP stuff (see known bugs list txt file)
4- It is the same as the base game. Will see for an increase (it should be easy to do) + higher chances of souls : yes, I think it would be nice for untwinked especially. I'd like to help them more for other stuff too (finding relics, etc.)

Finally, yes I should open a discord, but there's too much on my mind right now.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 01 January 2020, 14:42:22 »
- There are some items that don't show its icon, and just 1slot size, as it showed in the screenshot attachment in this post.
- There is a Warden Manaed (cat-woman monster) heroes spawn at the rebirth fountain after finished the quest "Shipwreck" that so powerful, not about dmg, but she just too tough to kill.
- The crows that summoned by the ring soul " Dire Flock Soul" that look the same with the crown mobs, so it make hard to target those enemies when fighting. I think you should set it different color or something so they can be recognized easier.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2020, 14:44:01 by icefreeze »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 01 January 2020, 14:59:41 »
Can you send me your save, I'll try to look at these items ?
About the Maenad, do you know her name ? There are 21 maenad heroes and 1 maenad boss in the game (only 4 heroes in the base game).
I'll change the crows so they get a unique skin (not on my top priority list though)

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 01 January 2020, 15:06:16 »
- Yes, i just send you my character save.
- I don't remember her name, just notice she is Warden, using Spear but casting skill like throwing knives, but the projectile is javelin, sometime the buff skill on her shoot out 4 projectile in random directions.
- I used get 2 "white treasure orbs" that can't be open, it doesn't show any name on it. One from the crow hero.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 01 January 2020, 15:21:25 »
- I used get 2 "white treasure orbs" that can't be open, it doesn't show any name on it. One from the crow hero.

It's supposed to explode, not to be a treasure (the bug is that i doesn't explode).

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 01 January 2020, 18:56:10 »
My character now's almost 18 and a half, just killed Minotaur and Telkine, jump to Act2.
- Minotaur seems hard to beat without suitable Soul, its dmg too high. I dont think any melee build can stand infront of him if play sell found gears from the start.
- Telkine seems bugs or something, after aggressive at the start of fight, he just stand a place, sometime cast lightning botls around.

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: 02 January 2020, 00:28:57 »
Another quick update, my elementalist is now lvl 18, just entering the Nile. After having very difficult times around Megara, i got extremely lucky at Ambrossos countrysides, as i got quite a lot of items, a very nice soul, and FOUR mercenary contracts (2 duplicates of the maenad archer, and another 2 for the maenad frost mage). Along with the fragmentation of molten orb, this gave me a great boost of damage to go with my newfound crowd control, and i managed to do very well, until the minotaur lord, he seems extremely difficult against a caster, I had to enchant movement speed boots with hermes sandal to be able to dodge his stun earthquake attack (which deal 50% of my life and stun me) and let the maenad lady destroy him with arrows.
The telkine was more managable for me, he wasn't dealing too much damage (except the purple projectile, but easy to dodge), but I think that without the maenad mercenary he would have taken forever to beat, he has a ton of health and regen very fast.

- Regarding the blade trap dropped by Child Snatcher, as long as I remember, it was very rare for it to not detonate on the classic SV, where he never detonate here (actually, it also happens with a maenad hero with the exact same mechanic, don't remember the name, but she looked like the assassin ones).

- As for my opinion on the health regen, yeah I agree that it's an interesting mechanic for player, normal monsters and pets, but it can really become an issue with some heroes, especially those who have health regen boost (I remember there was a purple raptor hero who could get back to full like in not time)

Here is some strange things / bugs that happened to me during this second playtime :

- A lot of Soulvizier specific items don't have their textures (and the item icon is a little colored square), for instance the items i got suffering from this are : Black armplates, maenad's trickster bow, plhean striders, emerald marchers, telkine veil and voidleecher.
- Any entity frozen in ice is invisible, this happens to ennemies as well as the player.
- The maenad archer mercenary (i don't remember the name, but her title is night's flower) have trouble to shoot ennemies when in far distance, as she's trying to attack ennemies that are a bit farther than her maximum attack range. I don't know if it's an issue with the other mercenaries as the frost mage spam her spells at medium range so it's unoticable.
- I don't know if it's a Soulvizier-related problem of the AE edition, but Shadowmaw's nightstalkers are level 28 and deals nearly as much damage as the hero.
- The dune raider - Veteran assassin don't move at all and just stand there, t-posing menacingly (the non-veteran assassins works fine)

Spoiler for Hiden:

I don't believe high enough in my luck to have dropped 4 mercenary contracts in one act, might wait for others player experiences to see if it's redundant, as in the classic SV these contracts were extremely rare.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2020, 06:05:43 by Vadumee »

Offline siegefried

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
« Reply #101 on: 02 January 2020, 11:06:39 »
Imo the leveling pace along with the increased level requirement can make the game feel much less rewarding. While it can be that I am not used to the leveling pace, it does feel that I am getting less for the same amount of effort placed in. I got the Nessus soul, which had the requirement increased from 10 to 14. 10 would have been the normal level I used to clear Nessus at, but now I would be waiting till at least the Gorgon sisters if not further to equip the soul. In terms of how the progression feels to me, I prefer the older implementation so far.

That aside,

Helos 3
Sparta (after Nessus) 7
Megara 9

Am running a druid to make observation easier, Level 20 wolves (with shrine) tearing up stuff quite nicely (including the elite turtles), though hero fights can wipe them off. Will respec off Wolves to get Squall later since Wolves just cost too much to invest in and I end up with low stats.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 02 January 2020, 11:24:31 »
Another quick update, my elementalist is now lvl 18, just entering the Nile. After having very difficult times around Megara, i got extremely lucky at Ambrossos countrysides, as i got quite a lot of items, a very nice soul, and FOUR mercenary contracts (2 duplicates of the maenad archer, and another 2 for the maenad frost mage). Along with the fragmentation of molten orb, this gave me a great boost of damage to go with my newfound crowd control, and i managed to do very well, until the minotaur lord, he seems extremely difficult against a caster, I had to enchant movement speed boots with hermes sandal to be able to dodge his stun earthquake attack (which deal 50% of my life and stun me) and let the maenad lady destroy him with arrows.
The telkine was more managable for me, he wasn't dealing too much damage (except the purple projectile, but easy to dodge), but I think that without the maenad mercenary he would have taken forever to beat, he has a ton of health and regen very fast.

- Regarding the blade trap dropped by Child Snatcher, as long as I remember, it was very rare for it to not detonate on the classic SV, where he never detonate here (actually, it also happens with a maenad hero with the exact same mechanic, don't remember the name, but she looked like the assassin ones).

- As for my opinion on the health regen, yeah I agree that it's an interesting mechanic for player, normal monsters and pets, but it can really become an issue with some heroes, especially those who have health regen boost (I remember there was a purple raptor hero who could get back to full like in not time)

Here is some strange things / bugs that happened to me during this second playtime :

- A lot of Soulvizier specific items don't have their textures (and the item icon is a little colored square), for instance the items i got suffering from this are : Black armplates, maenad's trickster bow, plhean striders, emerald marchers, telkine veil and voidleecher.
- Any entity frozen in ice is invisible, this happens to ennemies as well as the player.
- The maenad archer mercenary (i don't remember the name, but her title is night's flower) have trouble to shoot ennemies when in far distance, as she's trying to attack ennemies that are a bit farther than her maximum attack range. I don't know if it's an issue with the other mercenaries as the frost mage spam her spells at medium range so it's unoticable.
- I don't know if it's a Soulvizier-related problem of the AE edition, but Shadowmaw's nightstalkers are level 28 and deals nearly as much damage as the hero.
- The dune raider - Veteran assassin don't move at all and just stand there, t-posing menacingly (the non-veteran assassins works fine)

Spoiler for Hiden:

I don't believe high enough in my luck to have dropped 4 mercenary contracts in one act, might wait for others player experiences to see if it's redundant, as in the classic SV these contracts were extremely rare.

- For the freezing bug, it's an official game bug (shader problem). It is known since the Atlantis beta test. They fixed it, then they did something wrong and now it's back. It may be only in DX11 version though. Soulvizier storm gives more freezing options than the base game, so you notice this bug easier. I don't know how to fix this actually, maybe try to play in DX9 if it's better.
- Shadowmaw and shadowstalkers were not in classic SV, and I haven't changed them. May be a strange interaction between AE and SV, will check.
- I haven't changed the mercenary contracts drop rates, only thing I did was removing material drops, that mechanically increases the mercenary drops but it's still very rare (it was 0,6% and went to 0,7%), a lot rarer than forge formulas or even scrolls.
- For the rest of the bugs, I'm working on fixes.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 02 January 2020, 11:32:05 »
Yeah, Spawn of Chi in A3. I liked him, his regen gave him more personality.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 02 January 2020, 11:51:01 »
- The Beetle boss - first boss of act2 take me some hour to kill it. I think any melee build almost impossible to kill him if play sell found items without farming before.
- Runic Warrior just like dummy, do nothing, no move, just stay there, "bugs" as you mentioned, and it can summoned unlimited as the screenshot attachment of this post.
- The Shadow Stalker hero - Sehr'tun Kah at place where do the side quest helps villages kill those shadowstalker seems too annoying, can't attack when he moves, his dmg too high to stand fight.
- Any boss, enemies using "Stun" attack (like Minautor Lord) can kill you if you take it full hit, or almost dead, even that is normal enemies.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2020, 16:51:44 by icefreeze »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal