Author Topic: Game display issue (Atlantis)  (Read 4183 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Game display issue (Atlantis)
« on: 25 October 2019, 13:03:58 »
It's a small thing that doesn't even bother me, but out of curiosity I wanted to ask if anyone has been experiencing a similar issue, ever since Atlantis came out:

https://i.imgur.com/IqCO8D5.mp4

I'm using DirectX9 if that matters. Happens randomly but consistenly throughout all acts and the stripes usually flicker for about 1-3 seconds.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Game display issue (Atlantis)
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2019, 14:22:39 »
Yes it happen to me sometimes, for me it even appear some flashy effect as well.

Playing with Dx9 .
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2019, 22:05:37 »
« Last Rated on: 25 October 2019, 23:02:59 »
many people have complained about it just from reading in other forums.. the replies were the usual please post in the redmine...... and of course as time passed, it got worse
iirc, at first Atlantis release, it was present in Atlantis only.. now it's present in all acts, and happening more frequently
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2019, 09:35:03 »
I have never seen this issue. I'm playing with DX11 and vSync on.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2019, 11:44:07 »
I have another issue. At random moment starting from act 4 the game sometimes freeze and for make It work again you have to click the mouse left botton. It has no consequences but It very annoing especially during a fight. Does anyone have the same issue?
Another thing: how can you choose dx9 or dx11. I have read the patch note but i have dont understand It. Have i to modifay the desktop shortcurts? Thanks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2019, 12:00:12 »
I have another issue. At random moment starting from act 4 the game sometimes freeze and for make It work again you have to click the mouse left botton. It has no consequences but It very annoing especially during a fight. Does anyone have the same issue?
Another thing: how can you choose dx9 or dx11. I have read the patch note but i have dont understand It. Have i to modifay the desktop shortcurts? Thanks.

I haven't heard of the first issue, especially why something like this would be act-specific, uh.

You can either modify the shortcut, or launch the game through the steam library (or gog galaxy, i assume), then this menu will pop up and you can choose the default dx11 or dx9 to use:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2019, 17:28:06 »
Thanks for the info. Is there great differences between the dx9 version and dx11? I ask Just because the game Is from 2006 era and i dont know what they can have change that Need 2 separate Launcher? Are there new graphic option? Rigt now i cant play but i am very curios abput It. Of i choose ti modifay the Launcher what i have to do? Instead if i tray the stream menù Will i have to use It evrey time that i play?
« Last Edit: 27 October 2019, 17:30:18 by Il_Dottore »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2019, 18:05:40 »
Thanks for the info. Is there great differences between the dx9 version and dx11? I ask Just because the game Is from 2006 era and i dont know what they can have change that Need 2 separate Launcher? Are there new graphic option? Rigt now i cant play but i am very curios abput It. Of i choose ti modifay the Launcher what i have to do? Instead if i tray the stream menù Will i have to use It evrey time that i play?

If you use it from the stream menu you will have to choose it manually every time, unfortunately. I think I recall someone talking about the launcher shortcut, but I can't recall what it was, I hope someone more qualified answers this question as well as your first one ;;
For me, the game performance with x11 is abysmal, that's all I can say, but it works fine for others, as far as I know.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2019, 09:25:49 »
The only short freezes I have happen sometimes when entering/exiting a dungeon when the game cannot decide which layer it needs to display (outside or inside). This might be caused by camera modifications that I'm using that allow me to zoom out further. It doesn't bother me much though.

You can start the TQ.exe with /dx9 or /dx11 as parameters for DirectX9 (Legacy) or DirectX11 (Enhanced).

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal