Author Topic: 3 different bugs that I've found no solution for on the net  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So... I was finally compelled to install this mess in order to give the new Soulvizier a try, as well as to benefit from some simple but crucial features such as quick casting.. anyways, I noticed 3 game-play issues with this expansion which I hope someone provides answers to..

1) Random auto-attack cancellation: sometimes holding down the left click auto attack causes the animation to cancel itself in the middle of the action (raising the weapon without hitting the enemy) and my char starts moving and runs past the enemy instead.. it usually happens with the enemies rather standing on the edges of the map.. I don't remember experiencing this annoying bug with the previous versions of the game.. it breaks the flow of the game and unnecessarily puts the char in dangerous situations..

2) Hundred copies of the same "white" item name appearing on the screen whenever the mouse is pointed to a single item on the ground.. I am using normal items filtering from the settings, so I use alt button to reveal them.. I have no idea what causes this issue..

3) Current levels of skills in the mastery screen used to be in light blue color if they were augmented by +skills items.. now however, they always appear in white color regardless.. is this a damn bug, or a (stupid) feature of this expansion?
« Last Edit: 23 October 2020, 20:34:57 by Hector »

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: 3 different bugs that I've found no solution for on the net
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2020, 23:55:31 »
1/ Never saw that, sorry. Maybe when you keep left-click pressed and the enemy dies, it doesn't automatically shift to the next enemy and makes you run instead ?

2/ I saw different people having this issue, but personally I don't have it. For me item filter is a toggle, I activate it once ingame and then I never touch it. Maybe you're displaying items only when you want to pick them (like toggle on to pick and off just after, or keep the button pressed) ?

3/ Blue color was awful because unreadable. It was changed with a light yellow, but the difference with white is tiny, depending on your screen settings it may be harder to see. In SV it's written in bold green instead, no one has complained so I left it that way. There is a comparison here :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1280.msg13991#msg13991
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2020, 17:49:46 »
Sorry that I forgot to mention I'm not currently playing Soulvizier.. I wanted to do a vanilla playthrough before getting into it..

1) Sadly no.. the char stops hitting and starts running towards behind the enemy while its still alive.. I make sure the cursor points to its hit box, but it still happens.. using shift+attack seems to be the only way to prevent it from randomly occurring, but its creates another headache (you know, usually swinging the weapon in the air for one more time even after the enemy dies).. 

2) Yeah, I only keep the button pressed for a temporary look on the ground.. anyway its only a problem for the first few levels in the beginning, so I think I can live with that..

3) I took a closer look again in the game after reading your reply.. even a light yellow would be enough but I swear they are all white.. I'm playing with dx9 option and I also turned off/down many graphical settings (my laptop is a little old).. I don't know if they have any negative effect on mastery screen.. do you have any idea what setting might cause something like this?..   
« Last Edit: 24 October 2020, 18:05:17 by Hector »

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2020, 18:00:34 »
1) Sadly no.. the char stops hitting and starts running towards behind the enemy while its still alive.. I make sure the cursor points to its hit box, but it still happens..

Sounds like hardware issue, like broken microswitch in mouse or radio with noise or other. It randomly get pressed/unpressed state, while you think what mouse button is pressed.

Alternatively, try attack with shift - it should help keep attack while you can move mouse almost freely without breaking attack action in pack of monsters.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2020, 18:03:17 by lixiss »

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2020, 18:24:27 »
Sounds like hardware issue, like broken microswitch in mouse or radio with noise or other. It randomly get pressed/unpressed state, while you think what mouse button is pressed.

This actually makes sense.. sometimes in the game, the left click doesn't move the character.. you have to click for a few times to correct it.. or it doesn't open a chest or a sepulcher on the first left click.. I remember reading somewhere that it was related to the game's unresponsive mechanics.. but I also have a problem with my laptop's headphone input.. it sometimes creates static noises which I believe is about the "radio" issue you mentioned.. it could affect the performance of the mouse if its own cable is close to that input, am I right?.. 
« Last Edit: 24 October 2020, 21:10:53 by Hector »

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2020, 19:10:22 »
it sometimes creates static noises which I believe is about the "radio" issue you mentioned.. it could effect the performance of the mouse if its own cable is close to that input, am I right?..

Game perfectly smooth in this sense, so there is definitely some issue, but i guess not in game. Game becomes unresponsive only in some areas and/or when very-very big numbers of monsters spawned (e.g. like x10-20 compared to original spawn rate). E.g. without mods it runs fine 99% of game time.

Sound issues most likely very different, and i guess they unrelated. On laptops it sometimes happens, but few times after starting, i guess.

By radio i mean if you use radio keyboard/mouse, depending from model used it might get lot of interference with other devices, depending of used band (e.g. 5GHz for example is nice, but 5g wi-fi router will add noise), or it might work perfectly. I'm doesnt has too many experience with this, because all mine radio keyboards i sent into trashbin, because they eventally bug even when i'm typing text. I'm rely exclusively on cable connections.

As for mouse, just check it, maybe some dirt prevents button to be completely pressed.

The best/simple way, pick another usb mouse and try how it will behave.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal