Author Topic: Need Advice For Next Playthrough  (Read 2487 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Need Advice For Next Playthrough
« on: 24 May 2020, 02:17:10 »
Finally, after nearly 100 hours, I beat the entire game from the start to the end of Ragnarok. Man, this is one heck of a long game! Even other role-playing games at most take me about 40 hours.

I think I did better this time than I did back when I played the game when I had only the Immortal Throne. Again, I beat the game with a Conqueror. But this time, I didn't die a single time! Though I did have some close calls though.

Still I don't think I've gotten the whole hang of the game just yet. So I will need some advice for future playthroughs.

1. For melee builds: should I stick only with swords due to them having the fastest speed in melee combat?
2. I've found a lot of Epic items during the playthrough but sold most of them due to having no use for them with my character. I don't think there would be enough room in my shared stash for all of them. If I find a good epic item, should I start a new character that can put it to use? What should I do with all those epic items I find on future playthroughs?
3. I've been collecting and storing all of my charms, relics, and recipes in my stash. Is this a good idea or not?
4. Apparently, some skills would be much more valuable on higher difficulties. How will I know if a skill is not worth getting on Normal difficulty? What priorities should I follow?
5. I've been investing most of my stat points into strength and whatever else I earned during Normal in Dexterity. Should I do things differently next time I make a fighting hero, such as dividing points equally between strength and dexterity? When should I start investing heavily in the other?
6. I've been using the Altar of Separation a lot to recover charms or relics, yet some items got really expensive to destroy? How do I know if I should keep the item, the relic/charm, or not?
7. What's the best way to deal with enemies who attack from range with either bows or throwing weapons while taking as little damage as possible?
8. I found pieces of head scrolls. What purpose do they serve?
9. What can I do in the Tartarus Pit and what rewards can be earned?
10. When is the best time to start Atlantis?
11. How long should I stay in an Act in terms of gaining experience and loot?
« Last Edit: 24 May 2020, 02:39:44 by DwayneA »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Need Advice For Next Playthrough
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2020, 09:38:51 »
1.  The choice is yours.  Yes, swords are faster, but they do less damage than heavier weapons.
2.  You can do that or get TQVault, a tool for infinite storage of your items.  Put them in there (when not playing the game) and then take them out again for another character when you need to.
3.  Again you can to do that or use the Vault for storage.
4.  By learning how the game works. 
5.  Again this depends on the character type you're playing.  Casters rarely need strength or may get what they need from Dream/Runemaster masteries if you're using those.  For melee I always go 1/1, but you can vary that as you need.
6.  Again, by learning the game.
7.  Rush them or use a spell like Squall to make them miss hitting you.
8.  No idea what those are.
9.  An endless dungeon I think, never played it as it's not something I enjoy.
10.  I usually do it once I reach Rhodes, but you could also do it after you kill Hades or even when you finish Ragnarok.  The choice is yours.
11.  I just play through the game. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2020, 10:47:53 »
Hello,

Those Questions may have different answers depending on opinions , i will leave mine , it may can help.

1-While Swords are faster , Maces deal the most dmg but they are slow if you have attack speed on your gear it can improve you attack speed on that kind of weapon. Axes are balanced between attack speed. But it depends on your class, while defense shines with blungeons , rogue and warfare can do very well with swords.

I may sugestess to play a bit with swords/maces and axes to see whats gives you the best result.

2-You can create a mule character, by creating a acomplish hero at lv 40, it have all 3x bags already avaliable to store your goods. Also Vault is a external tool that do same function.

3-Yes. Relics and Charms are a important factor ingame. To make artefacts and to use when you need, in case, if you need a boost on your resistance for exemple. Some relics can ahve a great completion bonus. Its always good have then around.

4-Its depends on your style. I can say every skill can be important depending the situation. Auto attack replacers are important to be maxed as fast as possible or AoEs.

5-I been using Pure Str on my Mellee characters , those who use axes and maces. I mix with Dex for spears and Throw weapons. Staffs pure Int. While bows only dex. a bit mix on dex may be necessary for some armor requeriments.

6-It depends. Some charms are easy to farm , like boar hide, venon sac. You only recover if you feel that relic is strong or have a great completion bonus.

7-Pierce and Bleeding resistance. Another way is doing skill combos, like sand of sleep then squall on their face :)

8-I dont remenber what are those. But i assume its for unlocking the Secreat passage on Ragnarok Act.

9-Tartarus is like Diablo Endless Rifts. you face waves of random enemies then move to next room. But you have random penality during the batle. Like less resistance on some element, enemies are bigger or drian mana. in the end of 3 rooms or 5 i dont remenber exacly, you face a boss (Tartarus), when you kill him he drops a boss orb, the 1st time will have less % to drop blues/purple. But the chances will increase after  you defeat each Tartarus boss. Its not worthy doing Tartarus becuase its not provides a good performance and it have some instabilitie , monster spawns under the floor and crashes.

10-It depends , if your character is strong can go right to Atlantis before going into Hades act. but i think its better to go before ragnarok. Or When you are half way into Hades act.

11- Hard to say, you do your normal play throught the campaign, if you find a wall or getting killed to fast, you can do boss runs in the earlier acts to see if you can find a good equipment. Normally in Epic+. ON normal inst necessary at all.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2020, 11:08:58 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2020, 20:44:57 »
when I beat the game recently with my Conqueror, I had an epic sword. Even with maxed weapon training, axes and clubs weren't attacking fast enough. I'll probably need more increased attack speed on my equipment.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal