Author Topic: Set bonuses get corrupted/mixed up  (Read 2218 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Set bonuses get corrupted/mixed up
« on: 15 February 2020, 13:58:53 »
Hi, this question is aimed at other modders who have changed set bonuses in any their mods.

Have any of you noticed how they sometimes tend to switch for the Vanilla bonuses and sometimes are granted the modified bonuses? It's probalby not a multiplayer issue or a display issue, but it happens every few game sessions and that seems pretty worrying. It might also be another issue with Vanilla game, then again I have no idea of the source of the bug.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Set bonuses get corrupted/mixed up
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2020, 20:00:20 »
I haven't noticed this kind of problem with Soulvizier. However, does this problem occurs :
- especially when using a bounce mod (either as the only mod or along with a hard mod) ?
- are the modifications of the set bonuses made in a bounce mod ?
- are the modified set bonuses in different dbr files than the vanilla ones ? Or it's the same dbr names with modified parameters ? In SV, vanilla set bonuses dbrs are not used at all (not called in any item file). Even if the mod uses the same bonuses, it comes from a duplicate dbr with a different name. Maybe this has been done to prevent bugs, I don't know.
« Last Edit: 19 February 2020, 20:01:59 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2020, 20:05:31 »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2020, 00:42:11 »
I haven't noticed this kind of problem with Soulvizier. However, does this problem occurs :
- especially when using a bounce mod (either as the only mod or along with a hard mod) ?
- are the modifications of the set bonuses made in a bounce mod ?
- are the modified set bonuses in different dbr files than the vanilla ones ? Or it's the same dbr names with modified parameters ? In SV, vanilla set bonuses dbrs are not used at all (not called in any item file). Even if the mod uses the same bonuses, it comes from a duplicate dbr with a different name. Maybe this has been done to prevent bugs, I don't know.

I will try to make duplicates, as you said. This seems like the safest and most easy way to get around the issue. Thank you very much for the idea.

Check this topic https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1209.0

I have no idea about mobile versions of TQ, so I'm not sure how I can help even...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal