Author Topic: Feedback to Handy Games  (Read 1643 times)

Offline JohnWedley

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Feedback to Handy Games
« on: 02 January 2021, 07:39:51 »
Hi,

I recently emailed Handy Games on a couple of things and got a reply, so I've emailed them again with feedback about the Android version.   I've copied the text of my email below...

If anyone else thinks these points are a good idea then I'd ask you also send an email asking the same thing.

If enough people ask then maybe we could get some action resolving these issues in game.   You can email to support@handy-games.com

Cheers,
John

Hi,

I've recently sent a couple of emails and appreciated the fact you replied.

So I have written a few observations below that would make the Android version a much better experience for players. These are the reasons android reviews mention clunky controls but you would never know what players mean by that unless we explain in detail.

1.  It is hard to effectively select the spell slots when in a hurry.  I repeatedly try to press for 'squall' or 'spell breaker' and 'miss' activating the spell.   Could the target area for spell buttons be a little larger so that we connect with our thumbs more consistently please?

2.  When trying to attack with the default weapon, either melee or ranged, it sometimes makes the player turn round and move in the wrong direction.  I think this is when there is something the player can interact with (like an item on the ground) underneath the default attack button.  This is very very frustrating.  Can the default attack button fully obscure players from interacting with anything underneath it?

I know I can turn off items being displayed but I find that annoying and never use it.  I prefer to filter by item quality rather than turn all items off.

3.  Wasted attacks are a huge frustration, especially with ranged attacks like arrows and staff.  By this I mean the arrow or staff attack that is always launched immediately when the previous arrow or staff attack lands on an enemy, even if the previous attack killed the target.  It results in a large amount of wasted arrows and staff blasts going over a corpse.   Could we introduce a mechanic that allows the player to auto target the next monster if the current target dies immediately upon hit, before the next arrow or staff blast is fired?

Characters should be able to see they killed the target and move on to the next one shouldn't they?

4.  Auto targeting dummies and inanimate objects.  My character should be intelligent enough to know he/she needs to hit the monsters and not the dummies or targets scattered around the environment...  Please stop my characters auto targeting inanimate objects as a priority when monsters should be targeted first.

5.  Attacking on slopes.   This is another frustration...  You can see the monster coming towards you and all the arrows you are fitting are burying themselves in the ground because the physics doesn't allow the player to fire uphill.  Please sort that out.

6.  Could we have an auto pick up loot button?  I mentioned earlier that I never use the turn items on/off display button on the left of screen.   I filter items by quality as a preference so I never miss seeing them drop.

Replacing this button with a 'pick up everything' button would be so much more useful!

Thanks for working on a great game and reading my feedback. 

Cheers,
John Wedley

Online efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Feedback to Handy Games
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2021, 21:11:51 »
No so easy job to adapt something for everyone's taste. I don't have TQ on my phone so my opinion will be based on other similar android games and TQIT for PC, and your post above.

1. This is in generally hard task to make to be good for every phone. Depends on phone brand, android version, screen size, user fingers... So when in hurry you miss to hit the button this is something very subjective, but most of players probably have this problem.

2. Maybe additional button can solve this, I saw this problem in other games.

3. Is this the same game behavior like on PC version of the game? I think on PC you need to go with cursor over next target, but what if it focus here weak monster and other tough monster is going to kill player.

4. Sounds like priority target is not set, on PC version when you hold ctrl or shift usual target can be closer monster.

5. This sounds like a game mechanics bug and it should not be hard to be fixed.

6. #1 problem in TQ game is limited bags capacity, but on pc is not hard to teleport and to sell items. On 1 android game I saw auto-picking items and filtering. That game also have hidden shop with chance to get there, but character bag have an option to sell items for 50% less money. Filtered items with low price or bellow quality category are automatically destroyed/sold so player won't bother to go all the time to his inventory. Something like this could improve player experience on android.

All this is just my opinion from my experiences, so this is just my ideas and my point of view. Also as for now unexperienced software tester this is how do I see situation that you presented in this topic.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2021, 21:15:57 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal