Author Topic: What Am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 11040 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2020, 14:51:30 »
interesting fact about onslaught (pre and post AE)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1326718197222526112/
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2020, 21:22:07 »
Yep Onslaught has been nerfed with AE but it's still a good skill for any warrior.

As soon as a decent weapon is found (somewhere between lvl 10 to 15), i would  put an achille relic on it and max onslaught.
If playing self-found, the best weapon is ideally a very fast green weapon so that any flat damage (as you mentioned Bote) lands quickly. If playing  twinked, a slower weapon is better, provided that good attack speed is on gear.

Onslaught maxed, when fully charged, gives 26% x2 enhanced damage for only 8 skill points, it's a good return on investment.

Nice to see you again on this forum Bote  ;)

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Thanatos

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2020, 20:47:34 »
« Last Rated on: 26 June 2020, 22:36:40 »
hey yeah sorry i wasn't able to reply.. and i just said
i actually have relatives who got hit by the virus, and got hit badly at that.
so yeah that's unfortunate. but me I'm alive and ok

I can relate to this. I'm pretty certain I have coronavirus too. I have been sick for 3 weeks and the hardest part about it is the isolation. 3 weeks ago I had the worst fever of my life. I was sweating so badly I had to shave my beard and shave my head because I was burning up and I felt like I was freezing at the same time! Now I have such horrible fatigue I get tired just talking, which is odd for me because I'm one of those ppl who usually has endless energy. So the recovery process is slow and demands tremendous patience.

So to keep my sanity, and to pass the time I have come back to TQ and all the old school Nintendo games I grew up playing like Super Mario Bros 1-2-3, the original Zelda, A Link To The Past, etc..

Thank God for video games.  :)
« Last Edit: 26 June 2020, 20:49:50 by Thanatos »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2020, 22:39:17 »
hey yeah sorry i wasn't able to reply.. and i just said
i actually have relatives who got hit by the virus, and got hit badly at that.
so yeah that's unfortunate. but me I'm alive and ok

I can relate to this. I'm pretty certain I have coronavirus too. I have been sick for 3 weeks and the hardest part about it is the isolation. 3 weeks ago I had the worst fever of my life. I was sweating so badly I had to shave my beard and shave my head because I was burning up and I felt like I was freezing at the same time! Now I have such horrible fatigue I get tired just talking, which is odd for me because I'm one of those ppl who usually has endless energy. So the recovery process is slow and demands tremendous patience.

So to keep my sanity, and to pass the time I have come back to TQ and all the old school Nintendo games I grew up playing like Super Mario Bros 1-2-3, the original Zelda, A Link To The Past, etc..

Thank God for video games.  :)

Thanatos, hello, I'm Diego from Brazil. All my best wishes for your health and the health of your family.

This Covid-19 isn't easy for anyone. But, in these times, fortunately we have games like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, the Old titles too.

May God bless you and stay safe.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 29 June 2020, 00:57:33 »
going back to OP's topic...
I've been watching a lot of chess tournaments during these pandemic times, and i liked what Peter Svidler said in the latest episode of chessable masters. can't remember the exact same words but the gist is:

when you're just beginning to play the game, you learn a certain set of rules, and when you start to follow them that makes you a better player. but you get to a certain level where you realize something, and you start unlearning what you have just learned. and that makes you an even better player. and he said those happen to all professionals, not just chess players (which is true)

you followed a certain set of rules where you just leave a point to the skills you think you will take, and put the rest on the mastery bar. you progressed and learned more about the game. maybe it's time you break your rules 😉
(edit: i think most of us used to do this, just 1pt.. i know i used to)

there are others actually, but you'll get there
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 01:06:13 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2020, 02:22:59 »
Then what do you suggest I do differently? You got any better ideas?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 29 June 2020, 03:34:13 »
Then what do you suggest I do differently? You got any better ideas?
i don't really mean what you are doing is wrong.. just that it is not right either. eh hard to explain.. just that if you look at the best players in the world, they are not bound by any rules. and in the case of chess, if you know Magnus Carlsen, you'll know he is not bound by any rules. that guy is crazy.

for character early game progression, i believe i posted something above for each mastery. but don't take my word as holy grail. time has passed and i believe I'm slipping also in this game. what i posted above is just how i remember how i used to level each mastery. should still be good i think
edit: reply #11 in this same topic
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 03:39:06 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal