Author Topic: Supertough Hero Monsters  (Read 3401 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DwayneA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Supertough Hero Monsters
« on: 22 April 2020, 00:38:15 »
For the last couple of days, I've been playing Titan Quest again. This is my first playthrough of the Anniversary Edition with Atlantis. But yesterday, I went into the cave before Delphi in act 1, and I ran into a monster called "Shadowmaw". I swear, he wasn't in the cavern when I played Titan Quest with the Immortal Throne expansion years ago. So he must have been added by the Anniversary Edition.

Damn! Shadowmaw was tough for me at my level at that point in the game. I had many close calls, had to lead him outside (he wouldn't follow me too far outside the cavern), and finally wore him down gradually just when I was about to run out of health potions. When I played through the path from Megara to Delphi again, this time I ran away when I encountered him in the cave again.

What were the game producers thinking when they decided to add in this creature? Just how many more creatures are there in the whole game who are practically too powerful for you to take down the first time you find them? When do you know that you're strong enough to fight them?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Supertough Hero Monsters
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2020, 01:31:16 »
ShadowMaw was a hero added with AE version. Its one of tough heroes/fights you will face, specially in melle. IF you are caster or ranged, even with ranged spells you can kite him safely. He have a hight % to spawn inside that cave.

Indeed its a litle strong for a unware player, since it deals alot of physical and fire dmg.

I think the other super monster i remenber are the Dactlys in Hades Palace , but im sure you know then.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Supertough Hero Monsters
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2020, 06:46:50 »
Yes, he's very difficulty to deal with sometimes for an early hero.  Good thing he's both optional and doesn't always spawn in there.   :D

We have a thread where some of the new heroes have been posted, but he hasn't made it on to that yet.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=171.0

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal